Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Butterflies and moths

Especially good in a soup when wild garlic is in season! We've cut a load to dry and use as nettle hay for livestock feed too.

Dock leaves and seed are technically edible too and I'm determined to start using those somehow since we have an entire field of almost nothing else. Ducks have been eating the seeds but we really want fewer ducks, not more..
Eat the ducks!

We have hundreds of these this year. They love blackberry bushes! Peacocks everywhere too.

View attachment 390178

The red admirals are out now as well.

I'm seeing a lot more red admirals around here than usual.

Also Jersey tiger moths are all over the place now, they used to be only in the SW but their area is spreading due to warmer average summer temps, so the last couple of years they've been a regular sight in London

I think the jersey tiger moths are heading outside of London now and they've been here for quite some time. I have pictures from 10 years ago !

I think the jersey tiger moths are heading outside of London now and they've been here for quite some time. I have pictures from 10 years ago !

Yep but we have massive numbers of the things in East London this year!

About the only butterfly that I've seen in any quantity this year has been Red Admirals, and even that has been in twos or threes on the rare sunny days.

I don't really know anything about moths Callie, other than that they look pretty and keep still enough for a photo.

I don't really know anything about moths Callie, other than that they look pretty and keep still enough for a photo.
Was just wondering if the username was related to the group of moths known as pugs! They're cute

Reactions: pug
Back
Top Bottom