Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brockwell Park news, festival updates and more...

peace-pavilion-01.jpg

peace-pavilion-17.jpg

Couple of weeks left to see this - The bendy architectural wonder of the Peace Pavilion in Brockwell Park, south London

This comment made me chuckle:

Can’t help thinking that the beautiful space that Brockwell Park represents for the hundreds of thousands of residents all around it is worth far more than even two days of private paying events would ever pay, honestly.
Brockwell Park is beautiful and fragile. Why not send all of these to Clapham Common? This big space, half Lambeth, half Wandsworth, is basically flat and boring, and already hosting thousands of private enterprise corporate team-building and private prep school sports and health & fitness and dog-walking (and dog poohing) enterprises every single day, as well as the big things like SW4 and so… on-well at least these big events must clear up some of the dog mess…

:D

I love the park, especially in the good weather, although there are some irresponsible people who just won't clean up after themselves. Or people who think that if the bins are full, they can leave the remainder of their picnic or fried chicken at the side of the bin and the foxes and birds won't rip it everywhere.

editor , maybe you might have some insight, given your recent piece, but I was recently in the Secret Garden, by the kids splash, and I noticed that most of the benches are dedicated to men who would seem to have died tragically young in the late 80s to 2000, which made me think it might be a memorial to guys who passed away from AIDS. Maybe my imagination running wild, a lovely place to have such a memorial. Do you know if this is the case?

Back
Top Bottom