Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton water lane under water

Looks like more than a few inches to me...

article-1310027504580-0CE6785800000578-377561_466x513.jpg
Bloody glad I don't live in a basement flat on Brixton Water Lane!! :eek:

And now heavy rain on top of it - don't need to be psychic to predict flood damage sales in Morleys. Again.

That's it? They close a major road for a couple of inches of water that vehicles will have no trouble driving through? That's pathetic.

Took me 2 hours to get to work this morning. The drive normally takes 30-35 minutes.

2 hours??? Took me less than an hour to get into Central London and I live a bit further out than you.

You probably got out before the plod decided to block and mess up all the little side roads and cut through that local people know in order to avoid the problem.

At least I can rest happy knowing that the stupid copper standing on the A23/A205 junction watching all the traffic blocking the box junction and doing nothing is getting soaked doing so now.

You probably got out before the plod decided to block and mess up all the little side roads and cut through that local people know in order to avoid the problem.

At least I can rest happy knowing that the stupid copper standing on the A23/A205 junction watching all the traffic blocking the box junction and doing nothing is getting soaked doing so now.

No, water was only restored at 9:30 so I left shortly after that.

2 hours??? Took me less than an hour to get into Central London and I live a bit further out than you.

You fucking amateur ^

Should have stopped, had a leisurely fry-up , read the paper from cover to cover and arrived late with a well publicised excuse.

i'm in streatham hill :hmm: my water is working, but my night scented stock has drowned :mad::(

I believe the Red Cross are setting up refugee camps as we speak, and apparently Bono is planning some sort of benefit gig.
It's the squirrels I'm worried about. What if all that water has washed off their stashes of crack? :(

So anyone there now? Is it still as bad?

They've done a pretty good job of re-routing water supplies, but they can't start fixing the burst main until British Gas repair the damage it did to a nearby gas main. Relying on TWO utility subcontractors! Yays!

Twitter:

thameswater Thames Water

Water should be back on in all #SE, #SW and #CR postcodes, including #SW2, but some areas may have low pressure for the next 6+ hours. Sorry

That's a relief - I bet all the local shops have run out of bottled water hours ago. I assume that, apart from in the immediate vicinity of the problem, there are/were no problems with gas?

Otherwise I'm not entirely looking forward to trying to cook dinner in a microwave tonight.

Possibly - the buses were still on divert about 15 minutes ago.

Walked from UpperTulse Hill to Streatham (needed something from Lidl) and back without a single 201 passing me.

Expressing an opinion regarding a valid dissatisfaction is not "moaning".

Can't afford a takeaway tonight. I'm sure I can scrape a meal together somehow from what I have - at the very least there's a kettle full of water ready to boil and I have a Vesta curry in my "emergency stuff in case of zombie invasion" cupboard.

Do you moan about everything???

The most important thing about anything that happens in Brixton or South London is the inconvenience caused to ajdown, especially to his commute. Did you not know this?

It's the return of the Effra. It's one of the signs that the South is rising again. Or something.

Back
Top Bottom