Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton steam train alert and rail related chat

I could hear it just now...all the way from Loughborough Junction. Sounded like it was properly going for it.

The post is designed to be read on Thursday.

DrunkGuy3.jpg

I saw this one. And managed to upset all the spotters by pulling into Wandsworth Road on the up Atlantic just as the kettle was coming through on the down so they all had to scurry along the platform with their tripods as I'd blocked their view with a 456. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Made my day.

It's seems like it's always a 456 that gets in the way of steam trains when they come past me too :mad:

Were you driving it? :hmm:

I saw this one. And managed to upset all the spotters by pulling into Wandsworth Road on the up Atlantic just as the kettle was coming through on the down so they all had to scurry along the platform with their tripods as I'd blocked their view with a 456. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Made my day.
You're an evil man.

Attention train nerds: Today is Herne Hill station's 150th birthday and the local society is doing a talk/tour at 2.30, starting outside the station. The article on its history is also on Wiki's front page.

Tomorrow (1st Sept) Kensignton Olympia to Faversham
Oliver Cromwell

Out through Brixton 1035
Returning 2128

On the Herne Hill line, ie through the station platforms.

Godwilling I shall be on board this. The previous one that I should have been on board of having been cancelled. :mad: And this one having been diverted from the original route so it will go via Herne Hill rather than Denmark Hill :mad:

Godwilling I shall be on board this. The previous one that I should have been on board of having been cancelled. :mad: And this one having been diverted from the original route so it will go via Herne Hill rather than Denmark Hill :mad:

20120901_001.jpg

Railway experts may notice something amiss with this steam train.

Ah, think I heard this go past - we back on to the railway line. Wish I'd known. Mind you, wouldn't have been able to see it from our basement flat.

This must have been what I saw backing out of the platform at Victoria yesterday evening (just before 6): there was a sudden blast of noise, steam billowed across the station roof and a couple of thousand harried commuters stopped and stared for a moment. It was great.

Back
Top Bottom