Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat

I'd forgotten just how insanely busy this was

Brixton Slash 2015 - archive pics show a jam-packed Brixton

Archive Brixton pics Brixton Splash 2015 – archive photographs reveal a jam-packed Brixton

Anyone here tried to use Lambeth Bulky waste collection?

I tried to book online and it says my postcode isn't set up for it

Also Council tenants have to ring up. Tried three times and just get put on hold. When I ring one person takes my details then passes me on. Then I get put on hold.

This time told them Im working and can't spend half hour plus on hold. Is their no email address ? No. Finally the person says they will pass my number on so dept who do bulky waste can call me.

I really can't understand why this has been made so difficult to find out about.

Anyone here tried to use Lambeth Bulky waste collection?

I tried to book online and it says my postcode isn't set up for it

Also Council tenants have to ring up. Tried three times and just get put on hold. When I ring one person takes my details then passes me on. Then I get put on hold.

This time told them Im working and can't spend half hour plus on hold. Is their no email address ? No. Finally the person says they will pass my number on so dept who do bulky waste can call me.

I really can't understand why this has been made so difficult to find out about.
Yeah I had to use it about a month ago
my postcode is set up for it but the website was useless, always failed at the final hurdle, no slots available.
i had to ring up in the end
the person was really helpful and everything was fine once she got involved
even though I mucked up on my first attempt ( keying in card number on a Nokia. dumb phone :facepalm: )

edit... maybe they’re short staffed cos of holidays/covid app ?

my postcode is set up for it but the website was useless, always failed at the final hurdle, no slots available.
even though I mucked up on my first attempt ( keying in card number on a Nokia. dumb phone :facepalm: )

Did you manage to get a direct number for them? Going through the Lambeth tenants main number is a nightmare.

I would have thought in 21st century the Lambeth bulky waste dept would have an email address for queries. But this is Lambeth council.

Depending
Looks like the rapper may be intending to release his ill-fated video.

If it is done right it might be OK. If the song doesn't actually have any glorification of violence and is cut kinda as a tribute I could understand that choice.

That or it may be a contractually obligated decision.
Depending on the investment and the size of the label they may think it financial unviable to not release something.

Not that any of that would make this a good choice. I too fear it may just be in bad taste.

Depending

If it is done right it might be OK. If the song doesn't actually have any glorification of violence and is cut kinda as a tribute I could understand that choice.

Depending on the investment and the size of the label they may think it financial unviable to not release something.

Not that any of that would make this a good choice. I too fear it may just be in bad taste.
He shouldn't release the video seeing as someone got murdered during its filming. It's in really poor taste.

He seems to have an ample budget despite his low page views, so I'm sure he could afford to reshoot something,

Depending

I really doubt this is a proper label commissioned video made by a professional production company. If it was, the commissioner would have wanted to see the full insurance and risk assessment documents as part of the contractural process with the production company.

His first video looked like a professional job with money behind it, but since then he's been filming on the pavement outside Nisa or in a car park or his bedroom. Perhaps the car hire bill for the last video came out of his own pocket...2 or 3 grand, perhaps more. Plus the bill for damaging the green Lamborghini.

I've emailed my Ward Cllrs about my Bulk Waste Collection issue:

Dear Ward Cllrs,

spent hour and a half today and half hour yesterday trying to book a Bulk Waste Collection from my Council flat.

I tried online but the online page said I was a Council tenant / address not set up for bulk Waste collection. Website said to call the call centre.

I get through to the call centre and then get transferred to Bulk Waste where I get put on hold.

Today told call centre I'm working and haven't time to be on hold for over 30 minutes. She requested Bulk Waste call me. They didn't . Spent another half hour later on trying to get through.

As Loughborough Junction is prone to flytipping I'm surprised its been made so difficult to pay to do it properly.

A few queries and suggestions.

There needs to be a dedicated number for Bulk Waste Collection.

There needs to be a dedicated email address for queries to Bulk Waste. I tried Lambeth Street Care and they said bulk Waste collection does not come under them.

There needs to be online form for Council tenants to book Bulk Waste Collection instead of Call Centre. Which clearly is not working.

Is the Bulk Waste Collection outsourced? If so what does the contract say about customer service? I don't think being not able to get through on phone in reasonable time or not getting a call back good service.

My recent interactions with Lambeth Council have been driving me up the wall.

Read one of Starmer supporters going on about getting back in touch with the bread and butter issues unlike the terrible Corbyn period. I'm here dealing with a Starmer supporting Progress led Council and they:

Had to send me a letter apologising for data breach of the personal info they hold on me.

I can't book and pay for bulk Waste collection.

Whilst I was on hold on the phone trying to find out about Bulk Waste collection the ongoing message was that Lambeth took people's personal data seriously and anyone caught flytipping or putting out items to be collected early would be fined.

Does my head in.

My recent interactions with Lambeth Council have been driving me up the wall.

Read one of Starmer supporters going on about getting back in touch with the bread and butter issues unlike the terrible Corbyn period. I'm here dealing with a Starmer supporting Progress led Council and they:

Had to send me a letter apologising for data breach of the personal info they hold on me.

I can't book and pay for bulk Waste collection.

Whilst I was on hold on the phone trying to find out about Bulk Waste collection the ongoing message was that Lambeth took people's personal data seriously and anyone caught flytipping or putting out items to be collected early would be fined.

Does my head in.
I'm confused by your contacting the Lambeth Tenants service. Surely when not on an estate the collection situation is sames as for the street - be it private, HA or council which applies in many central Brixton streets. I personally have thirty five years worth of stuff. My choice boils down to do I use this Lambeth service, dump the stuff on the street like many others do, or wait till I die - in which case it's someone else's problem.

Actually one of the most troublesome items is the obsolete computers. What do you do with Windows98 PCs and VHS video recorders?
Buit in obsolescence is progress - but very profitable for shops and manufacturers.

The other issue is crappy furniture. I find sofas etc collapse eventually - unlike a Louis Qunze chaise longue.

Tell me if you're fed up with posts about the rap video murder. It's not nice for it to dominate this thread, but here's some detail of the accused's court appearance from the Standard. Teenager appears in court accused of music video murder It doesn't add much:

It is alleged a man armed with a large knife ran up to Mr Jerome and stabbed him in the chest, piercing his heart. The attacker also allegedly swung the blade at a second man on a quad bike... Judge Simon Mayo QC set a timetable for the case with a plea hearing on October 19. Remanding McNeil into custody, the judge warned him there was a “high risk” his trial would not take place within the time limit in January due to the limited number of courts available in the pandemic.

Should this murder have its own thread? Perhaps I take a morbid interest in it because I was nearby. And it feels as if I, or we, are not paying enough attention to the many other murders of local youngsters.

Tell me if you're fed up with posts about the rap video murder. It's not nice for it to dominate this thread, but here's some detail of the accused's court appearance from the Standard. Teenager appears in court accused of music video murder It doesn't add much:

Should this murder have its own thread? Perhaps I take a morbid interest in it because I was nearby. And it feels as if I, or we, are not paying enough attention to the many other murders of local youngsters.

..there’s this thread but it never properly caught on....

I haven't but with luck I'll catch the twat trying to push it through my letter box!

How many people do they think are going to read through all that bullshit?

....once I’d have said not many, but nowadays who knows

Looks like the endgame is you paying them £25 for some kind of worthless ID card.

yes, and giving a lot of personal info at the same time...😳

Back
Top Bottom