Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat: Spring 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
This looks good. She was a bloody amazing artist.

polly-styrene.jpg

Identity! A Poly Styrene Retrospective, 198 Contemporary Arts & Learning, 17th May to 7th June 2019
Up yours!

I don’t think that’s the point of copyright conventions. When did you start seeing (c) as means tested?
Are you REALLY that desperate for a fight that you're going to argue on behalf of the fucking Telegraph over the use of one (linked) copy and pasted article on a non profit site? :rolleyes:

Are you REALLY that desperate for a fight that you're going to argue on behalf of the fucking Telegraph over the use of one (linked) copy and pasted article on a non profit site? :rolleyes:

Not really. I’m going to argue on behalf of those who create something that they have the inalienable right to decide who has access to that thing that they’ve created and at what cost and with what conditions. When did you stop believing that?

Not really. I’m going to argue on behalf of those who create something that they have the inalienable right to decide who has access to that thing that they’ve created and at what cost and with what conditions. When did you stop believing that?
In your perverse view of copyright you've just breached editor right to his inalienable right to decide who has access to his creation ( his post) by quoting it.
M'learned friends will be in touch.

In your perverse view of copyright you've just breached editor right to his inalienable right to decide who has access to his creation ( his post) by quoting it.
M'learned friends will be in touch.

Not really. It’s not my perverse view of copyright, but a widely accepted definition outlined in the 1988 copyright act. I’ve used the editor’s words for the purpose of criticism and review, which is permitted usage under copyright convention, and where there is proven precedent on this site.

I was wondering when he’d ceased supporting copyright convention.

Your next question?

FYI: I didn't reproduce the text myself - although it remains freely available to anyone at no cost - no images were reproduced and the content here was credited with a link. So basically it's a case of "internet article gets quoted on non-profit bulletin board elsewhere with link to source." I think you'll find it happens all the time.

But good luck with pursuing something as flimsily piss-weak as that in the courts if that's what you want to do.

Ah, so it really is all about making it personal.

PS Just in case you missed it: I didn't post up the text. Which rather begs the question: why aren't you admonishing the person who you did in your selfless quest to defend the Telegraph's copyright?

Not really. It’s not my perverse view of copyright, but a widely accepted definition outlined in the 1988 copyright act. I’ve used the editor’s words for the purpose of criticism and review, which is permitted usage under copyright convention, and where there is proven precedent on this site.

Your next question?
So my posting of the verbal bollocks (creative work my arse) from the Telegraph was not for the purpose of criticism and/or review.

For the record, my words and images get reposted all over the fucking shop every week without permission.

If it's a commercial site, I get very angry. If it's a non profit site (i.e without adverts), I usually just insist on a credit and a link.

Ah, so it really is all about making it personal.

PS Just in case you missed it: I didn't post up the text. Which rather begs the question: why aren't you admonishing the person who you did in your selfless quest to defend the Telegraph's copyright?

Nothing personal, so you can let that one lie.

But you did ask for it to be pasted on the site you manage.

I’d defend any copyright holder to allow their content to be protected or used as they see fit or put behind a paywall.

I’m not sure why you’re referring to courts, but it seems a big leap.

So my posting of the verbal bollocks (creative work my arse) from the Telegraph was not for the purpose of criticism and/or review.

Interesting point. That would be to do with the percentage of the quoted content from the whole work. What percentage of the whole is it?

Why do you speak of crimes and courts?
Why are you fucking droning on and on about something that nobody cares about, and why are you aiming it at me when I wasn't the person who posted up the Torygraph content that you're suddenly so deeply concerned about?

Why are you fucking droning on and on about something that nobody cares about, and why are you aiming it at me when I wasn't the person who posted up the Torygraph content that you're suddenly so deeply concerned about?

Let’s let it lie, given that no one cares about copyright. That’s useful to know

Let’s let it lie, given that no one cares about copyright. That’s useful to know
Jesus. What's the matter with you? I've said nothing of the sort so kindly quit posting up such dishonest, deceitful crap.

What I said was that no one cares about one bit of cut and paste from the Torygraph being reproduced here. As far as I can see, you're the only person getting your knickers in a twist. But well done for all the disruption anyway. Great job.

:rolleyes::facepalm:

Jesus. What's the matter with you? I've said nothing of the sort so kindly quit posting up such dishonest, deceitful crap.

What I said was that no one cares about one bit of cut and paste from the Torygraph being reproduced here. As far as I can see, you're the only person getting your knickers in a twist. But well done for all the disruption anyway. Great job.

:rolleyes::facepalm:

Good. Glad that’s cleared up. I was worried for a while

I luv x Ray spex, and identity Is one of my favourite songs.......
.....think it's more relevant today than ever what with Twitter FB instaram etc
Hope no one will throw a wobbler if I share the lyric......

View attachment 169508
The last two lines of this ring just as true today, sadly :(

Warrior in Woolworth's
Humble he may seem
Behind his servile innocence
He plots and he schemes
He's the rebel on the underground
She's the rebel of the modern town
He's the rebel on the underground
She's the rebel of the modern town
Warrior in Woolworth's
His roots are in today
Doesn't know no history
He threw the past away
Warrior in Woolworth's
Dips on friday nights
Youths meet at Stockwell Tube
Weapons rule their lives

These homes ‘beat to rhythm of Brixton’

Visit the BRX show apartment & marketing suite today. These 1, 2 & 3 bed homes truly beat to the rhythm of Brixton, with high-spec interiors, private balcony or terraces to each home, communal gardens & unbeatable transport links. Prices from £455,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom