Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat - Sept 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
That new Brixton Buzz beer looks disgusting - doesn't it have guarana in it? So it will taste shite, give you the shits and make you stay up all nights. Might as well do some proper drugs.

interdasting choice of sposnor...

FM%20Conway%20Tipper%202.jpg
They are the main contractor for highways work for TFL for one half I'd London. Nobody thinks even pedestrianised areas get built without using large vehicles, do they?

That new Brixton Buzz beer looks disgusting - doesn't it have guarana in it? So it will taste shite, give you the shits and make you stay up all nights. Might as well do some proper drugs.
Thanks for the support. Really appreciated.

Naturally, there's no need to try the stuff first or to have any faith in the brewery or any of the people involved. Just get right out there and publicly slag it off before it's even been released.

Nice one!

Of course, that's what you do, silly! Sit and judge. This is the Internet.
Why are you defending a yuppie beer trading on the goodly name of Brixton all of a sudden?
Weird change of tack

That most change reported on this place, and often by you editor, is perceived and judged as suspicious, exploitative and bad, inherently because for some reason unless its -proper old school brixton- its outsiders marketing the outdated perception of brixton being nothing but the frontline and an opportunity to flirt with -vibrancy- and a risk managed sense of danger perhaps (insert question mark).

For example why use riot photos as the beer label background - it wont be drunk by many people who participated in the 80s or the 90s riots I bet - nor summarise their reasons for resorting to violent action, so why use their protest against institutionalised oppression - for the sake of an emotive statement - to sell a vanity item - an expensive sedative. If its solely to raise funds for the food project then great, and correct me.

(sorry - my keyboards broken, so no ability to add question marks or apostrophes)

If its solely to raise funds for the food project then great, and correct me.
I thought that this had been made very clear.

ALL profits from this venture are going to the Brixton Soup Kitchen, and if it proves to be a success, then future brews will also go to fund other local worthy causes. With luck, it may prove to be a novel and sustainable way to help Brixton causes.

No one is making any money from this apart from the Soup Kitchen.

The brewery is paying for the ingredients themselves. The artist did the labels for free at short notice. Kaff is taking no money from sales and I'm certainly not getting a penny out of this.

So that was a bit of a rant... and having searched, its evident that a proportion of the profits go to the kitchen.

Im still non plussed by the riot references and confused as to how you manage to hold contradictory and subjective views on whats going on in brixton and who is allowed, or permitted to develop and who is not. E.g. i rode past the archetypal set of middle class, young female professional blow ins on Kellett Road tonight - lured to the emerging new railton road end of brixton night life - their comments about what the effra was like almost made me stop and ask why on earth they were here. Marketing the beer that way would to me, confirm their perceptions of the area,.

Yours, ever perplexed in monothought clique

So that was a bit of a rant... and having searched, its evident that a proportion of the profits go to the kitchen.

Im still non plussed by the riot references and confused as to how you manage to hold contradictory and subjective views on whats going on in brixton and who is allowed, or permitted to develop and who is not. E.g. i rode past the archetypal set of middle class, young female professional blow ins on Kellett Road tonight - lured to the emerging new railton road end of brixton night life - their comments about what the effra was like almost made me stop and ask why on earth they were here. Marketing the beer that way would to me, confirm their perceptions of the area,.

Yours, ever perplexed in monothought clique
We're not some hotshot brewery who has teamed up with a major PR agency to develop a clever Brixton brand and marketing strategy for the beer. There was no design meetings about the label artwork either, nor did we have any time or inclination for one. Truth is, we're making this up as we go along and trying to make the best job we can of it with very limited resources.

All I want to do is to shift as much beer as possible and raise as much money as we can for a cause I feel passionate about. I don't care much who drinks the stuff so long as we're raising money.

And that's it really.

We're not some hotshot brewery who has teamed up with a major PR agency to develop a clever Brixton brand and marketing strategy for the beer. There was no design meetings about the label artwork either, nor did we have any time or inclination for one. Truth is, we're making this up as we go along and trying to make the best job we can of it with very limited resources.

All I want to do is to shift as much beer as possible and raise as much money as we can for a cause I feel passionate about. I don't care much who drinks the stuff so long as we're raising money.

And that's it really.
WE? WTF? I see!

You seem to be promoting some yuppy beer that sounds disgusting, whilst exploiting the name of Brixton. Something that we normally rail against on here.
If you tried the beer and honestly thought it was 'disgusting' I'd be interested in discussing it, but instead you're just being wilfully rude and obnoxious.

And you'll have to help me out with what attributes supposedly make up a 'yuppy beer.'

If you tried the beer and honestly thought it was 'disgusting' I'd be interested in discussing it, but instead you're just being wilfully rude and obnoxious.

And you'll have to help me out with what attributes supposedly make up a 'yuppy beer.'
I'm poohpoohing your crappy yuppy beer without tasting it.
It's 1.30 in the morning.
Beer is shit.
Make a cider!

Interesting turn.

Would be nice to see a proper answer to the points snowy raised, at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom