Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumour and general chat - May 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a steaming heap of untreated sewage!

One factual point: the police "once dubbed" the covered market a "24 hour drug supermarket", did they? Would that be the covered market that, until very recently, was closed at night? Research fail.

It is poorly written and looks like the research was taken from online snippets, I like the bit"Home to rasta's and vegetarians":D

What a steaming heap of untreated sewage!

One factual point: the police "once dubbed" the covered market a "24 hour drug supermarket", did they? Would that be the covered market that, until very recently, was closed at night? Research fail.
They forgot to mention that the indoor market and bars are now full of coked up people.

She said that robberies and burglaries in the area are rising
The police disagree, residential burglary is down for the year ending March 2014 compared to the year ending March 2013 both for Lambeth and the Met as a whole. OK to be fair 70 less in a total around 2,500 is just a statistical blip but it's also not a rise.

Jaysus the Met's crime statistics go all the way down to sub-wards, you can start with Lambeth and get down to basically your street!

Boohoo and Teuchter, Germany's unfortunate recent history has been a rich seam of crap comedy for decades (among other places on these boards). Apologies if your sensitivities can't accommodate this: ich bitte wirklich um Verzeihung.

Boohoo and Teuchter, Germany's unfortunate recent history has been a rich seam of crap comedy for decades (among other places on these boards). Apologies if your sensitivities can't accommodate this: ich bitte wirklich um Verzeihung.

It has. Should it be continued? Are the Germans fair game?

As boohoo says, precedent isn't a justification (and neither is what football crowds decide to be ok) but also - mocking nazis is one thing, but joking that a german journalist is motivated by a desire to displace inferior races is something else.

It's more than just tiresome if you're a german in the uk and the first thing that pops into people's heads when you introduce yourself is "nazis lol" especially if they feel the need to vocalise it.

The police disagree, residential burglary is down for the year ending March 2014 compared to the year ending March 2013 both for Lambeth and the Met as a whole. OK to be fair 70 less in a total around 2,500 is just a statistical blip but it's also not a rise.

Jaysus the Met's crime statistics go all the way down to sub-wards, you can start with Lambeth and get down to basically your street!

Interesting link Black Halo - thanks

What's odd is that antisocial behaviour (which is by far the most visible crime to me) and the second highest stat in my ward does not appear on the individual sub-wards at all? Maybe they only collect the data for the whole ward???? Or does it not count?
I see a lot of open drug dealing early doors - I really need to report it more

As boohoo says, precedent isn't a justification (and neither is what football crowds decide to be ok) but also - mocking nazis is one thing, but joking that a german journalist is motivated by a desire to displace inferior races is something else.

It's more than just tiresome if you're a german in the uk and the first thing that pops into people's heads when you introduce yourself is "nazis lol" especially if they feel the need to vocalise it.

See above. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom