Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumour and general chat - May 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry to miss this after Onket 's marathon effort to tag any poster who's walked through brixton
I felt v anti social and grumpy yesterday and it was safer for all concerned for me to go home ;)

Crispy has checked out the plans. It seems quite good but could be 2015 before it is open.
Nah, I reckon they'll get it done this year if they pull their thumbs out. I wouldn't bank on the hotel part being up and running this year though.

what are the plans? roughly?
Completely gut the ground floor, opening it up in to one big space, with the bar on the right.
Bring the kitchen down to the ground floor, at the back in the single storey part.
Put the bogs in the basement
Make big sliding/folding doors into the garden
Remodel the garden
Increase hotel rooms from 5 to 9
Remove all staff accommodation apart from manager's.

Completely gut the ground floor, opening it up in to one big space, with the bar on the right.
Bring the kitchen down to the ground floor, at the back in the single storey part.
Put the bogs in the basement
Make big sliding/folding doors into the garden
Remodel the garden
Increase hotel rooms from 5 to 9
Remove all staff accommodation apart from manager's.
new owners are doing this are they?
its not really my patch but I walked past once and noticed a traditional pub band knocking out some tunes in the function room - could be a lovely spot.

new owners are doing this are they?
its not really my patch but I walked past once and noticed a traditional pub band knocking out some tunes in the function room - could be a lovely spot.
Yeah, it's been sold to Greene King
It doesn't look like the new layout will be suitable for live music. The pub is currently divided into two front bars and the function room at the back. The new layout is just one big room with columns. It will have much more actual space, and the garden will be properly accessible rather than hidden away through a narrow door. But you can't put on bands in a pub like that - there's nowhere to get away from the noise.

Firstly, apologies for not arriving until 17:15.

Great to meet SarfLondoner, Dexter Deadwood & leanderman for the first time.

Really good to see friendofdorothy, trabuquera & han again.

Superb upstanding representatives of Urban75 and London as a whole. :thumbs:

What a great evening thanks to you and leanderman for getting us all together. Thanks for the pint, you are a man of your word.
Fab to meet so many of you, many thanks to you all for letting me talk rubbish all night.

I've just woken up in the horrors of drink. A gentleman does not complain about hangovers but gosh my head hurts. Ok, i'm going to have a very slow start to the day.

The staff at the Effra were brilliant, thank you.
Lucky bugger. I'd finished meetings on two separate sites by 10.30. I was really relieved and even a little impressed that I'd made it to the first one on time, and then realised I'd brought the wrong keys and had to go home again for them.

Lucky bugger. I'd finished meetings on two separate sites by 10.30. I was really relieved and even a little impressed that I'd made it to the first one on time, and then realised I'd brought the wrong keys and had to go home again for them.

You are dynamic and vibrant, i need more coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom