Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumour and general chat - May 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's late every year. Every year there are complaints and every year Lambeth ignore them. We sit through lots of hot weekends with no water and then when it does eventually gets switched on it inevitably rains for ages... :mad: I can't remember exactly when it happens but I've written to them a number of times over the years about it. CBA anymore.

I gave up on that a couple of years ago. Youngest barely knows it exists

when i wasnt sat in a puddle inside a concrete tube i remember playing hours and hours of Against The Wall football... if youve got a football and a wall you've no excuse to be bored in my book ;)

and what about "adventure" playgrounds back in the day? even as a kid with no sense of danger or consequence i was scared of them

are there any adventure playgrounds in brixton? atlantic rd?

Interesting article on the revival of 'junk playgrounds':

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...hildrens-playground-the-land-plas-madoc-wales

http://www.londonplay.org.uk/conten...nture_play_in_london/adventure_play_in_london

Last edited:
everywhere
people pissing on the stairs you know they just dont care....rats in the front room, roaches in the back, junkies in the alley with a baseball bat
everywhere
people pissing on the stairs you know they just dont care....rats in the front room, roaches in the back, junkies in the alley with a baseball bat

Sometime it makes me wonder how i keep from going under.

Last edited:
Slade Gardens is a great adventure playground. We played on it as a kid - in fact the mural there records that time. My sister wrote a nice piece about it:

http://londonmuralpreservationsocie...ler-slade-gardens-adventure-playground-mural/
lovely piece...seems like there are still a lot of adventure playgrounds around though
really interesting.
ive read the two colin ward books, child in the coutnry + child in the city, looking at the pros and cons of childhoods in both settings. his positive description of city childhoods contain risk, but creative risk is increasingly eradicated in modern london. risk of getting bullied/beaten is higher than ever though. but yeah, spaces to piss around in and burn and break things are important! a healthy impulse

Yep, I complained last year. I think the reason was they have some sort of contract that means the water doesn't get turned on until June and gets turned off at the end of August, even if May and September are nice, which they usually are. Lambeth are cheap bastards.

Rubbish policy innit :mad:

This is not the case.

I have agreed to buy everyone who is present a pint at 17:05.

I'll be popping in at 17:05. However, I have some other stuff to do so will have to leave after a quick pint. Will be back about 8.30pm.

The video was uploaded 23rd of March but the Brixton Booty started on 27th April 2014.
I guess that the organiser was using this as an 'example' of what a car boot sale looks like, but never (?) actually claimed this was their own event.
That would be misleading at best if the case.

Haha, they've added a new video on their facebook page.

And added this disclaimer to the other one.

• Attention All

We feel the need to clear up the video uploaded on May 3rd as it has led to various comments about #BrixtonBooty that need clearing up.

The video is for recognition purposes to depict a clearer picture of the terminology used as part of our name, Hence "Booty" and it's suggestive type of meaning.

We will be uploading a recently shot video of Brixton Booty that was taken on May 18th for everyone to see what it currently looks like to date!

Please accept our sincere apologies for any misunderstandings over this matter

Thank you

Admin

Email: info@brixtonbooty.com
    Phone: 0203 745 4950

@brixtonbooty #BrixtonBooty

So basically any member of the public reading this can turn up at 1705, claim that they some urban75 member or the other, and Onket will buy them a pint?

No.

They must be wearing one of the name badges leanderman mentioned earlier in the thread. They wll be distributed by him beforehand.

PM him for further details and to arrange.

No badge = no drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom