Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumour and general chat - February 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blossom is out in Brockwell Park. I can never quite remember when it is supposed to happen. But not yet, surely?

All the ornamental cherry and plum trees have been flowering since December. My Japanese plum is on its second go, this time at the right time.

Any further on this? They seemed to be dusting and finger printing the Jerk Chicken shop door when I came past at about 4.30 pm.

I understand that someone bottled 1 person, stabbed someone else with a screwdriver and attempted to stab a third

I understand that someone bottled 1 person, stabbed someone else with a screwdriver and attempted to stab a third
It sounds pretty grim all around. From what I gather, some of this either happened in the Payless store or that's where some of the people involved ended up.

Cycled past the old juice bar on Coldharbour Lane (the one opposite the entrance to market row) and saw some construction stuff going on inside. After 10 years of dormancy, does anyone know what is happening to the premises?

Cycled past the old juice bar on Coldharbour Lane (the one opposite the entrance to market row) and saw some construction stuff going on inside. After 10 years of dormancy, does anyone know what is happening to the premises?
I took a peek through the windows last night but failed to work out what was going on. I'll ask a workman next time I go past.

There's a lot of white markings on the footpaths of Fyfield Rd. Looks like there's going to be major digging in the street.

I was sent this presumably in the hope I'd feature it on Buzz. I'm not sure why Selhurst Park are covering it, but I found it all a bit too rose tinted and PR-tastic for my tastes. But at least they mention the 414.
Reasons to live and love Brixton - Selhurst Park

Seems to be written by an estate agent on Brixton Hill. Mentions the Windmill too. I'll stick Yannick Bolasie + 10 on the guestlist just in case.

The strip of shops where Stir is seems to be changing a lot. There is a new hairdresser and the Chinese buffet place next to Nas is being done up.

I was told today it is to be a deli, but my next informant said pizzeria and then a third said fish and chips.

Roosters Spot is also being gutted.

I was told today it is to be a deli, but my next informant said pizzeria and then a third said fish and chips.

Roosters Spot is also being gutted.

So Morley's won the fried chicken war.
Would be nice to have some takeaway variety on that strip besides Penh An which is trusty but sometimes five times a week is too much.

I was sent this presumably in the hope I'd feature it on Buzz. I'm not sure why Selhurst Park are covering it, ... Reasons to live and love Brixton - Selhurst Park

Who knows? Looks like a PR piece. But going back many years to when allegiance to a football team was driven most by where you live, my recollection is that when you got south of Brixton center Crystal Palace were seen as the local team. Unfortunately my memory isn't backed up by the wonderful

London football team map

Last night in Brixton:

friday-night-brixton-2016-00.jpg

friday-night-brixton-2016-04.jpg

friday-night-brixton-2016-08.jpg

Friday night in Brixton – three bars: Effra Hall Tavern, Effra Social and Prince Albert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom