Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton Liveable Neighbourhood and LTN schemes - improvements for pedestrians and cyclists

Tbf I think most would live in Streatham Wells but yeah most were probably car owners. It’s just the same arguments in each new area and car owners never want to admit how they’ve had they’re way and been pandered to for decades despite being in the minority.

Ll
I've seen written 200 to 240. But I didn't go. I think 300 is an overestimate
One of my friends left after 30 mins as she was frightened by the anger of those next to her...☹️

In the recent Lambeth elections 160k people voted for parties which support LTNs, and 21k voted for parties which didn’t.

I don’t think it really matters if 100 or 300 people turned up at the debate.

Tbf I think most would live in Streatham Wells but yeah most were probably car owners. It’s just the same arguments in each new area and car owners never want to admit how they’ve had they’re way and been pandered to for decades despite being in the minority.
There were definitely anti-LTN campaigners there from outside Lambeth (John Stewart being the highest profile) and also from elsewhere in Lambeth (my loudest local non-Streatham anti was there I believe and promoting it to other antis acrosss the borough). I'm sure the majority there were local but some of thge angriest and most passionate antis will turn up to anything and help bolster the overall anti mood

I just thought I'd share one recent thought from someone in the anti-LTN group near me:

IMG_9693.png

edit: I just thought I should add that the Kings Heath LTN is all planter blocks, there's no ANPR cameras that they might be talking about with the money grab bit. Just in case you thought any of this might have any basis in, you know, reality. or at least something adjacent to reality.

Last edited:
Noticed that the butchers in Balham is a full on nut case that has a bee in his bonnet about LTNs - along with a TON of other strange views.

Ll

In the recent Lambeth elections 160k people voted for parties which support LTNs, and 21k voted for parties which didn’t.

I don’t think it really matters if 100 or 300 people turned up at the debate.
A pedant writes:

It would be glorious if 181,000 local people had voted in May's Local elections, as that would have been an 80% turnout!

In fact the turnout was only 72,000 people (32% of an eligible electorate of 224,000)

You need to divide the number of votes cast in each ward by the number of places up for election (two or three councillors in each ward) before totalling up any figures for borough wide counts of party support.

I see about 10 rows of pews with about 5 people on either side of the aisle. And maybe 15 or do standing. 120 odd people I reckon.
My recollection from going to Streatham Choral Society concerts is that St Peter's has at least a dozen rows of pews, and each row has a similar sized set of pews in each aisle as well as the pews either side of the nave. So a figure of 250 or more seated plus some standing is certainly credible.

A pedant writes:

It would be glorious if 181,000 local people had voted in May's Local elections, as that would have been an 80% turnout!

In fact the turnout was only 72,000 people (32% of an eligible electorate of 224,000)

You need to divide the number of votes cast in each ward by the number of places up for election (two or three councillors in each ward) before totalling up any figures for borough wide counts of party support.

( this means even less people voted for parties which support LTNs )

I used to live up the road from their butcher so went quite regularly. Seemed ok but then we never discussed politics. I used to follow his twitter account back and then and it used to be more butchery related.

I wonder if covid broke him?

Looks like it but he's now embraced all kinds. Climate change conspiracy, chemtrails, WEF nonsense, homophobic / transphobic 'groomer' conspiracies it's the full set sadly.

Proposed Brixton Hill LTN here. Unfortunately looks like New Park Road will still be a through road from Brixton Hill to Sth Circular but otherwise looks great.

Attachments

• A60CA56D-D542-42CB-BCC2-69C914C84CA8.jpeg
    A60CA56D-D542-42CB-BCC2-69C914C84CA8.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 41
New Park Road seems to be exit only on to the Sth Circular (the one way arrow). Is that what you mean?
I am taking it to be a filter blocking new park road close to its end, and the filter symbol has been plonked on top of an arrow that refers only to "purple" traffic exiting here.

I am taking it to be a filter blocking new park road close to its end, and the filter symbol has been plonked on top of an arrow that refers only to "purple" traffic exiting here.
You maybe right but it says “no access to NPR from Sth Circular” which with the one way arrow implies that there is access to the Sth Circular from NPR.

I think it's quite simple. These two blocks of flats need access to their carpark, which will be onto the SC via the stub end of NPR. The filter symbol is blocking off the other end of the two-way arrow. The filter would go on the red line, between purple and yellow:

1671183029171.png

Back
Top Bottom