Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton Liveable Neighbourhood and LTN schemes - improvements for pedestrians and cyclists

Last edited:
For someone so concerned about the impact of LTNs on people with disabilities it's v weird not to be aware of this issue.

As I said, I don’t see if near me. I’m aware that cars do sometimes park on pavements, just saying that in my area of brixton it’s not a habitual issue. Possibly we have wider roads and therefore enough space for cars to park on both sides and there be enough space for others to drive

It's much worse outside of London. But still see it in London. Took this the other week.

View attachment 314442
Specifically illegal in London but elsewhere is only illegal to drive on a pavement, never mind that a parked car clearly drove on and will be driven off the pavement, you can't prosecute.

No idea if any prosecutions happen in London really though but outside you have to be fully obstructing the pavement for it to be an offence.

Law needs changing and has been talked about for many years.

Can someone link to an article about recent rises in pollution? Worrying that this is happening despite ULEZ. Or is it different category of pollutants?

ETA It seems that the increase observed was pre-ULEZ.

Last edited:
Can someone link to an article about recent rises in pollution? Worrying that this is happening despite ULEZ. Or is it different category of pollutants?

ETA It seems that the increase observed was pre-ULEZ.
There hasn't been any opposition to the ULEZ from the usual suspects because it is meaningless. A Range Rover Evoque is compliant.

The original legal challenge appeal fund has stalled at £11775 out of the £14500 needed. Yet more legal challenges are being brought. Are they all being done on a no win, no fee basis?

The original legal challenge appeal fund has stalled at £11775 out of the £14500 needed. Yet more legal challenges are being brought. Are they all being done on a no win, no fee basis?

Buy this isn’t the kind of case damages would be awarded in is it ?

Not in London.

On the above comment which I assume is from Facebook or something similar, we’ll look at each order as and when it’s made and make a decision on whether/how to challenge based on the merits of that order. As they are all individual then you have to take an individual approach
Where?. And by whom?

UPDATE: according to someone who was at the meeting the reason is that they are still analysing the data, staff shortages bing one of the issues, and purdah for the elections starts soon. Seems a bit of a conflict that the chairman of Streatham Conservatives is also the vice chair of Streatham Action and putting his own spin on things.

Looks like no decision on Tulse Hill or Streaham Hill LTNs until after the local elections.

Last edited:
OneLambeth were outraged that some councillors live in the wards they represent and have supported improvements to them. Dulwich Onesies (now calling themselves 'Votethemout') are being outraged that the Dulwich Village councillors DONT live in the LTN (whilst simultaneously being outraged that the council leader does.

1.png).

3.png

UPDATE: according to someone who was at the meeting the reason is that they are still analysing the data, staff shortages bing one of the issues, and purdah for the elections starts soon. Seems a bit of a conflict that the chairman of Streatham Conservatives is also the vice chair of Streatham Action and putting his own spin on things.

Looks like no decision on Tulse Hill or Streaham Hill LTNs until after the local elections.

That's interesting. Streatham Hill LTN has been one of the most graffitied from what I can see.

That's interesting. Streatham Hill LTN has been one of the most graffitied from what I can see.
Streatham Hill, Tulse Hill & Leander all had pretty bad graffiti. Suspect it was only a few individuals. Not sure its caused any delays in the process though, not at this strange at least.

I'm really fed up with anti-LTN people trying to blame everything on LTNs. Like, for example, how 'Stella' insists that the state of the Network Rail owned arches is somehow the fault of LTNs (see comments):

as
I'm really fed up with anti-LTN people trying to blame everything on LTNs. Like, for example, how 'Stella' insists that the state of the Network Rail owned arches is somehow the fault of LTNs (see comments):

I think that’s Dave’s partners name so either they’re as bad as each other or it’s just yet another Dave comment account (Writing style suggests it probably is).

Not a surprise. What a waste of time and money.

Wonder if OneLambeth will have to pay any costs.

Unlikely to get permission to appeal to Supreme Court unless there’s a particularly knotty point of law to iron out.
One Lambeth's statement on their FB group seems to think the judgement effectively 'reduces PSED to zero' so imagine that's what they are going on

Back
Top Bottom