Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's on in Brixton: live music, DJ nights, comedy, club and entertainment news

editor

hiraethified
I reckon we could use a more club/gig focussed thread to complement this one Brixton food & drink news: new restaurants, bars, pop ups, cafes and more, so here goes.

And kicking it off:

Monster book launch party!
woo-1.jpg

Will this be fenced off so you have to buy pricey pints from the pub?
I didn't go but I don't think it was fenced off.

I'm doing what might prove to be my first and last gig at the new-look Effra Social in Saturday if anyone fancies popping in. It's free all night.

EFFRA-SQUARE-1.jpg

That was hard work - I really don't like DJing on my own so much - but after I'd got the message across that I wouldn't be playing afrobeat all night, I got the crowd going!

In photos: Queen Bitch club nights return to Brixton's famous Dogstar

Alabama 3
I have 2 tickets for tonight (18th) at Jamm.

Preference goes to:
1) posting regularity
2) commitment to make a contribution to the server fund

I never realised how insanely popular Gremio is these days. It was way too busy for me - and not my kind of thing anyway - but it was a nice touch having a sax player accompanying the DJ.

1629543855230.png

Indeed. A shame they dont seem to let smokers out for a fag though! I ended up having to smoke on the dancefloor, along with many others.

I had an after beer down station road- people not from the area couldn't quite believe how cheap a bottle of Super Bock was.

At a loose end tonight, where can I wander down to tonight and have a dance locally?
Tonight, there's the Effra Social and Dogstar (free). There'll probably be something on at the Albert too. If you want to pay, Gremio will probably be packed, as will Hootananny.

I'm at the Dogstar on Saturday night, btw :)

Tonight, there's the Effra Social and Dogstar (free). There'll probably be something on at the Albert too. If you want to pay, Gremio will probably be packed, as will Hootananny.

I'mp at the Dogstar on Saturday nightm btw :)
Probably effra social and hootenanny as close by.
I don't mind paying a bit but what's the music like at the hoot?

Back
Top Bottom