Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton coronavirus: local help, resources, business closures and news

How the hell did I miss them?! I've just walked past!

Oh and I should add this comment I made in the Loughborough Junc thread as it might be useful for shoppers;

Just emailed you the photos.

On Nisa in LJ. Went there this afternoon and hardly anyone in it now. Even toilet rolls available. I really like the new Nisa.

I got food from a well stocked Tesco on Tulse Hill. There's a queuing system in place to get in the door. While I was queuing, two different people approached and said that they wanted cigarettes so thought they might not have to queue.

Ive found this and tried it out today

Its straightforward to follow.

As I can't swim now its good exercise.

I do cycle but not much now.

Did abs and upper body workout as that is what I miss. I have some dumbells to make it harder. Definitely feel the difference. Going to do it every day now.

The Ten minute toning workout is good.

Lidl on Acre Lane was well stocked today, loads of veg and everything. I was able to do a full normal shop for the first time in weeks. They were letting in people about 20 or so at a time and though some people though it ok to stand only a few few from others in the queue on the whole people were keeping their distance.

Still no flour of any kind that I could see. All clues would be welcome as to when and where, any flour is in stock, bread flour especially. Thanks

Last edited:
Lidl on Acre Lane was well stocked today, loads of veg and everything. I was able to do a full normal shop for the first time in weeks. They were letting in people about 20 or so at a time and though some people though it ok to stand only a few few from others in the queue on the whole people were keeping their distance.

Still no flour of any kind that I could see. All clues would be welcome as to when and where, any flour is in stock, bread flour especially. Thanks

Aires Bakery seemed (can't be certain) to be selling flour

friendofdorothy
You could email Brixton Windmill to see if they have any. I think they are still milling

And I see they have a list of stockists on the website

I'm hearing more and more moans about joggers hogging the park paths and getting way closer than 2m to everyone else as they puff by.

Have to say I found the same when I went to Brockwell Park last time - quite a few joggers passed very close - and it all seems a bit thoughtless when there's vast empty spaces all around.

Just a note to ask people to keep posting up any Lambeth updates and local news - judging by the traffic that Buzz is getting on these stories a LOT of people aren't finding out about vital local resources from anywhere else, so keep 'em coming please!

I'm hearing more and more moans about joggers hogging the park paths and getting way closer than 2m to everyone else as they puff by.

Have to say I found the same when I went to Brockwell Park last time - quite a few joggers passed very close - and it all seems a bit thoughtless when there's vast empty spaces all around.

Yeah....would like to stretch some invisible wire at ankle length...that would teach them!

It's very strange to see entirely empty trains roll by all day and seeing buses with no more than two passengers inside passing. I guess it's different in the rush hour, but I've never seen public transport so empty.

Just been to Iceland, M&S, Sainsburys by the tube and the one by the police station. Nowhere has flour. A few eggs at M&S and police Sainsburys. Oatly and toilet paper at Sainsburys-by-tube. Low stocks of baked beans, tinned soup and instant coffee everywhere.

We've got more toilet paper than we need, so let me know if you're desperate.

Hello everyone. Just arrived back into the UK to my home in Streatham and on an egg hunt as they form a big part of my dietary requirement - any sightings? I've been avoiding supermarkets, trying to support local smaller shops, but would I be best looking there? Also I recall from when I lived in Brixton, there was a guy selling eggs by Iceland - I can't recall if that was just at weekends, or maybe Farmes Market day? Thanks for your help

Hello everyone. Just arrived back into the UK to my home in Streatham and on an egg hunt as they form a big part of my dietary requirement - any sightings? I've been avoiding supermarkets, trying to support local smaller shops, but would I be best looking there? Also I recall from when I lived in Brixton, there was a guy selling eggs by Iceland - I can't recall if that was just at weekends, or maybe Farmes Market day? Thanks for your help

I saw the guy selling eggs outside Iceland a few days ago. So the stall is still going.

I went to the Wholefood shop in Atlantic road today. Plenty of eggs. Not overpriced either.

I went the Brixton today to get a prescription from Boots. Things have settled down. People are keeping a distance. Iceland and Boots were limiting numbers coming in and out of shop.

Jones butcher's on Dulwich Road, near Brixton water lane stocks eggs and butter. Only one customer in the shop at a time, but usually not many people waiting, open early til 1pm

Extra safe at the pharmacy!

Photo of the Day: Taking no chances at the Junction Pharmacy, Coldharbour Lane, Brixton

Back
Top Bottom