Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pleased to bring purpose to people's lives.

Me too.

finlessdolphin_zoom.jpg

Oh wait...

So where should I take someone for breakfast tomorrow morning?

Fry up at Paulo'z = fried egg, chips, beans, 1 sausage, couple of rashers of bacon, sliced tomato and 1 slice of black pudding + toast and a cup of tea = £4.50

Never been to Negril for breakfast

Pauloz is cheaper and nice but Negril has more interesting stuff on the menu and you don't have to put up with the telly.

I wish Negril would put a proper menu up outside. I've still no idea of what stuff costs - apart from a vague memory when I once went in and went hunting for a menu. Noone came to help, so I ventured further in and got told "You can't come down here" (the correct challenge would have been "Can I help you".)

So I went back up, hunted around a bit more, and found some photocopied menus on a table and had a look. I'm not sure me doing that really added to the ambience for people sitting down for dinner. Some, understandably, wondered what I was doing.

I'll probably eat there one day, but only when I can see the menu without all that messing around / being told off Etc. There's easier places to spend money.

Apparently the River Wandle has a flood alert on it as part of this humungous storm that's battering us at present - as does Streatham and Norwood. Hopefully I'll be ok at the top of the hill.

Apparently the River Wandle has a flood alert on it as part of this humungous storm that's battering us at present - as does Streatham and Norwood. Hopefully I'll be ok at the top of the hill.

What storm? Is it raining? :confused:

*looks out window*

There was a problem at West Norwood which probably increased the number of people wanting to use Brixton, but Brixton to Victoria was suspended for a while so, yeah, it would be.

Not that it isn't normally.

I couldn't get a bus down Tulse Hill, Effra road was jammed anyway. Then got a 415 at Brixton which terminated at Ken Church, then got another 415 to Elephant....and had to change again......blooming nightmare, but strangely still only took me 45 minutes to get to work!

I don't understand why bus driver can't announce that Brixton Station is closed, which would stop so many people getting off and then trying to get back on again!

I saw a bus driver on Brixton Hill ram a car on Saturday that had pulled out in front of him presumably to discuss a bump or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom