Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you'll find that as that part of New Park Road on the other side is SW16, it's more Streatham than Brixton.

Now you are just spreading disinformation, Minnie :mad:

No address in New Park Road (or any property in Streatham Hill Ward for that matter) is in SW16 - they all have SW2 addresses.

However, the streets immediately to the west - Atkins Road, Thornton Road and Kings Avenue have SW12 (Balham) addresses.

Yes, everything south of Morrish Road and Upper Tulse Hill was in the former parish of Streatham and thus in the Metropolitan Borough of Wandsworth until 1965, as was everything west of Lyham Road - which was in the historic parish of Clapham.

Michael at the Cafe on the Hill is thinking of selling up and retiring, he told me today. No more home-made Thai food. Bet we get another chicken shop

Michael at the Cafe on the Hill is thinking of selling up and retiring, he told me today. No more home-made Thai food. Bet we get another chicken shop

That's a great shame. I don't go in there nearly enough, but it's cheaper than eating at home and they're lovely people.

Liver if overcooked is bitter and has a horrid chalky texture. It has to be lambs liver, unless my local baby-eating anarchist can find me a tender young human one.

About 4.15pm while I was sat supping a coffee in Paulo's all hell let loose and 4 or 5 police cars and one van sped past heading south up Brixton Hill. I'm assuming it's connected to the fact that the Coral bookies next to the little Sainsbury's is now taped off and there's blood on the pavement outside :(

Anyone know what happened? I'm hoping it's not as serious as it looks.

Based on this email alert I just got (some random lambeth thing I signed up to at some point) looks like the cost of the various public art works is overrunning a bit:

http://www.lambeth.gov.uk/moderngov/ieDecisionDetails.aspx?Id=1887

That the contract awarded to Camilla Goddard for Brixton Town Centre Public Art Work Administration and Management be varied and extended for the term of 3 months at an additional cost of £118,450 (resulting in a total aggregate cost of £254,290).

It's not often I'm moved to this, but in response to the above post, how fucking much????

Is this that metal bird thingy on top of KFC they're talking about, or is there more I'm not aware of?

Which is brilliant and a surprisingly creative idea that only the most miserable misanthrope could object to. I don't think Lambeth came up with the idea all by themselves. In fact I don't think it was their idea at all.

Do you have many takeaways in the daytime then?

That might explain why I haven't been in there.

a huge 'kerb crawlers will be prosecuted' sign has been put up right by where i live! attractive!

I would like to point out to anyone who might have been in the area at the time that the man in that silver truck who beeped the car horn before swerving into the kerb was neither a punter nor a pimp and the woman who walked up the road and got in the truck was not a prostitute. Thank you.

:oops:

Which is brilliant and a surprisingly creative idea that only the most miserable misanthrope could object to. I don't think Lambeth came up with the idea all by themselves. In fact I don't think it was their idea at all.

Not objecting to the shutter painting, but it's still bloody expensive...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom