Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saracen? Oh you poor thing. That must have been awwwwwful. All those muscles.

Minnie, you really are very naughty.

I'm not, I just hadn't read the last post. (Where's that innocent whistling smiley when you need him?)

Oh look, Carve Her Name With Pride is on.

Whereabouts on New Park Road is that? I'm round that way too and can't place where it was. I guess none of that exists any more?

i think that's the side with the hand in hand on it, looking down towards brixton hill.

I think OU's almost right as the caption says "Nos 117 -153 New Park Road, Clapham Park. This row of semi detached houses were demolished as part of a social housing programme and replaced by Arkwright House, Brindley House and Parsons House, c.1960." However, with numbers that high I think it must have been quite a bit past The Hand, possibly over the other side of (what is now) the South Circular.

I have some good news and some bad news about Paulo'z (sic) Way. The (really) bad news is that Paulo is not now planning on taking over The Telegraph. I'm really sad about this as I think the cafe has been a great asset to the local area and his plans to put on live Portuguese music at The Telegraph were great. It's a real shame :(

The good news is that Paulo'z are now doing cocktails and have a happy hour from 4-7 where it's buy one, get one free. Quimmie tested out the strawberry daiquris which were decorated in the traditional manner :D

ETA: Oh FFS Flickr have changed format YET AGAIN and I can't work out how to post a bloody image!!!!!! :mad:

Have got a bit obsessed with the Lambeth Archive website recently. New Park Road (my road) looked completely different 55 years ago!

03787.jpg

Glad to see it working again.

Here's Paulo'z Way in 1972 disguising itself as a pawnbrokers

http://landmark.lambeth.gov.uk/display_page.asp?section=landmark&id=7814

What???? *whistles innocently*

Why don't you just post your failed flicker code and let someone competent post the pic for you?

(((old people and new technology)))

How long ago was it called Bleak Hall Lane, minnie? That might prove helpful for brix's investigations.

Have got a bit obsessed with the Lambeth Archive website recently. New Park Road (my road) looked completely different 55 years ago!

03787.jpg

Does anyone know what is going on with the whitewashed sections? Very puzzled, me.

ETA: Oh FFS Flickr have changed format YET AGAIN and I can't work out how to post a bloody image!!!!!! :mad:

Oh god yeah! :mad:

I had to go to the photo from the 'welcome' screen, then click on it again which brings up a new screen. Then you have to click 'all sizes' which takes you back to a screen which used to be like one click away before :rolleyes: From there you can copy the image address!!

HTH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom