Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a caravan parked in Appach Road with number of George Cross flags in the windows and the message 'If this flag offends you maybe you should consider moving'.

Now what's all that about then?

I was jogging in Brockwell Park today and a dog came out of nowhere and bit me on the leg (broke the skin). Is that okay dog behaviour for a young dog or is it a big no-no?

Ha.. ha. Seriously, I don't know much about dogs and there's so much hype about the kind of dogs found in Brixton and elsewhere at the moment. What's the line between acceptable and non-acceptable before they're considered 'dangerous'?

It depends whether the jogger was from Dulwich or not.

But seriously, if the dog were mine, I'd accept that young dogs might have bad habits which they need training out of asap. If it were my dog and I knew it had those habits, I'd try to keep it on a lead when in public until it had been cured of them, but accidents happen, and dogs can pull free or get out even when humans are careful. Letting a dog of any age bite without correcting it ("correcting" doesn't mean "beating" or "kicking") is IMHO irresponsible.

I thought it might be that (bad habits). The guy whose dog it was looked very fearful when I stopped, like he thought I was going to shout at him or go to the police. I wasn't, because I figured that maybe it was because it was young. Whether he will actually train the dog out of it, who knows.

Anyway, minor hazard of going for a run..

Are Portugal or Brazil playing football today? Paulo's Way is full of guys watching a footie match very intently.

What's the name of that Games shop on Brixton Rd, near the 99p shop? I want to check they have something in stock rather than walking down there.

Very much so brix, whilst still being shiny enough to draw the eye slightly away from the general decor, which is like something hitler would have done.

Windrushes

4168279547_219ce37d59.jpg

They are rather literal but I think they look good.

In fact, I was having a look at the whole area the other day and thinking that the new space is going to be pretty good in general. Much better than the old arrangement anyway. The only bit I don't really like so far is the row of grey lights with the upside-down shovel things above the lamps, that are in a line parallel with the first bit of Effra Road.

I saw those this morning. They should be articulated so they move in the breeze.

It looks like it's all going to be paved. Will there be benches? Will there be cafes with outside seating? I'm finding it hard to imagine me using it unless it's to have an outside drink while shopping in summer.

I saw those this morning. They should be articulated so they move in the breeze.

It looks like it's all going to be paved. Will there be benches? Will there be cafes with outside seating? I'm finding it hard to imagine me using it unless it's to have an outside drink while shopping in summer.

There's a dark grey organic* shaped thing kind of outside the Library which looks like it might be seating.

*I fear it may gather alternative not entirely complementary names/descriptions in due course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom