Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came past the Southside Bar at 6.15pm this evening and it was in complete darkness. Has it closed? :confused:

Don't know. I am constantly surprised that it's stayed viable this long though.

It's a shame it's not busier there. It's got a good sized beer garden and I don't think it's a bad bar.

Don't know. I am constantly surprised that it's stayed viable this long though.

It's a shame it's not busier there. It's got a good sized beer garden and I don't think it's a bad bar.

I've never been but a friend of mine goes to their salsa class and says it's a decent enough bar. Can't imagine why they're not open at 6.15pm on a Friday evening though, unless something's up.

It's still taped off, so I guess it must be a fatality. :(
Happily not. Article in SLP says he's in hospital 'as a priority' and it was a collision with a Renault Clio. The motorcyclist is from Redhill and is in King's College Hospital. The photo in the SLP shows it's definitely the same accident.

After that mad rain earlier we got a lovely rainbow:

4143422526_57236dd14e.jpg

I came past the Southside Bar at 6.15pm this evening and it was in complete darkness. Has it closed? :confused:

It was closed on saturday night about 1am when I was going past.
ajdown will be pleased to know Iroko was also closed at that time.

I wasn't here on Saturday night so I wouldn't know, but was open when I went past on the bus about half an hour ago on my way home.

Technically, isn't "1am saturday night" 1am sunday morning though?

There were a few people in there but it didn't look too packed out. I haven't seen the 'coffee hut' open in the morning for weeks now either.

I wondered if the new lights were meant to be a take on windrushes.

but only because I'd been told there would be windrush lighting and they are lighting.

I wondered if the new lights were meant to be a take on windrushes.

but only because I'd been told there would be windrush lighting and they are lighting.

Although if you'd been paying attention when you were told about it, you would have known that the windrush lighting was going to appear in a different place from where the lighting lighting has already appeared.

They're sort of greeny-silver. Some are just like stalks and some have off-shooty feathery bits coming off at the top. Like rushes, I guess. Quite tall! There were only two lots when I went past but there were some on the ground waiting. Not sure about the effect - I'll wait until they're all up before I pass judgement! I was looking to see if they involved lighting too, but I wasn't sure.

Wish they'd planned more grass into the square. It'll probably be lovely but I miss that grassy bank.

A friend of mine has had a keyboard nicked (the musical type (Roland), not one for a computer) and thinks it is likely to re-surface for sale locally. Do any of the muscial types amongst you have any suggestions where it might turn up? Obviously a bit of a long shot...

Although if you'd been paying attention when you were told about it, you would have known that the windrush lighting was going to appear in a different place from where the lighting lighting has already appeared.

Yeah well I wasn't.

The woman just doesn't listen does she

*needs shakey head smiley*

A friend of mine has had a keyboard nicked (the musical type (Roland), not one for a computer) and thinks it is likely to re-surface for sale locally. Do any of the muscial types amongst you have any suggestions where it might turn up? Obviously a bit of a long shot...

cash converters? The nearest ones are in Streatham and Camberwell. I think the Camberwell one quite often has musical instruments of various types.

I thought the Camberwell "Cash Converters" had gone, and was now used by a church group?

Yep,that miserable place that i had to frequent on several occasions has bit the dust,sometime ago,suprised to see it go but justice served,albeit delayed for customers who had to sell/pawn their bits and pieces to very rude staff.

Last time i walked by it was a vegetable place of no religious denonimation.

Yep,that miserable place that i had to frequent on several occasions has bit the dust,sometime ago,suprised to see it go but justice served,albeit delayed for customers who had to sell/pawn their bits and pieces to very rude staff.

Last time i walked by it was a vegetable place of no religious denonimation.

Oh

Maybe gumtree/loot are worth keeping an eye on too.

As far as the windrushes are concerned: it seems the windrushes are the bunch of green-coloured things in the SE corner. The tall shiny stainless steel columns are something else.

cash converters? The nearest ones are in Streatham and Camberwell. I think the Camberwell one quite often has musical instruments of various types.

Yep,it did.
The Streatham Branch is very small.
If you are looking for musical instruments,keyboards,amps etc it might be worth a visit to the Croydon store.

Has Paolo'z Way converted into a disco/nightclub, or have they just gone a bit overboard with their christmas lighting?

Has Paolo'z Way converted into a disco/nightclub, or have they just gone a bit overboard with their christmas lighting?

I was going to go in today when I was passing but remembered I'd just bought some doughnuts from Sainsbury's

Yep, they've got a few decorations up, but I've no problem with that :D

I was going to go in today when I was passing but remembered I'd just bought some doughnuts from Sainsbury's

Yep, they've got a few decorations up, but I've no problem with that :D

I love their 'more is more' approach to decor and I'm really enjoying their Xmas spectacular :cool:

I have no water! :mad:

They must be fixing that burst mains at the pedestrian crossing I passed last night.

Bit of warning would have been nice. I'd just put the washing machine on and was about to wash my dishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom