Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Britain to get a 'slap in the mouth' from Iran

Oh dear. This doesnt look helpful.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8433625.stm

Mr Mottaki said the protesters "should not be encouraged by a few... statements by certain countries".

He added: "They should not pin their hopes on them. Britain will get slapped in the mouth if it does not stop its nonsense."

Mr Mottaki's speech was broadcast on Iranian television with an English translation on screen.

:(

In context the "mouth of Britain" is David Miliband. I think I can get 100% behind the idea of Mr Mottaki giving Miliband a slap in the mouth. It's a kind of diplomacy I believe we should encourage. It's painful, undignified, pointless, and only funny in a sort of juvenile sadistic fashion. What's not to like?

think the iraninan goverment would want us to be humilated rather than cheering him on can't offer to buy him a pint as he's a muslim:D

the iranina goverment are barstards but lamping milliband would be funny as feck

Seeing as the Iranian gouverment are bunch of old bastards who love nothing more than getting their troops to rape civilians I am inclined to say come and have a go if you think you are hard enough :facepalm: :hmm:

Notice they're getting all hard man when it's Milliband that's in line for a slap. A well aimed fart could knock him over.

How about they take on Prescott?

I can remember reading a cheesy thriller by Freddie Forsythe about a mythical super gun that Saddam had and all the malarky involved in blowing it up and much was made of the threat being promoted as a 'fist'.

Something about the whole thing about it being an unusual threat in Arabic which is more a culture of the knife as opposed to fisticuffs.

Might be a load of old tosh but it does make me wonder about the semantics over this thread.

The Iranian view of British influence and capacity for meddling is really very flattering to our rulers. As if they could summon crowds of demonstrators in Tehran, let alone play any of the fancier tricks for which they are blamed/credited! It really is a daft part of Iranian political culture massively to overrate the enmity and capacity of 'Little Satan'. It's almost entertaining - certainly funnier than their nasty habit of hanging homosexuals and stoning women.

The Iranian view of British influence and capacity for meddling is really very flattering to our rulers. As if they could summon crowds of demonstrators in Tehran, let alone play any of the fancier tricks for which they are blamed/credited! It really is a daft part of Iranian political culture massively to overrate the enmity and capacity of 'Little Satan'. It's almost entertaining - certainly funnier than their nasty habit of hanging homosexuals and stoning women.

Yep, it's simply a plot to manufacture an external enemy who isn't the US to get the population to rally around, and to be able to demonise the protestors as putting the safety and stability of the country (and your families!) in danger - more traitors within! It's entirely for domestic consumption and is nakedly transparent. They did the exact same thing after the election.

to be fair back in the days of empire we did royally screw them over repeatidly.

mind you a TA platoon would give the iranian military a scare as there not women and children and not tied down and disarned:mad:

to be fair back in the days of empire we did royally screw them over repeatidly.

mind you a TA platoon would give the iranian military a scare as there not women and children and not tied down and disarned:mad:

Yeah it will all be over by Christmas...:rolleyes:

Miliband "The tragic deaths of protesters in Iran are yet another reminder of how the Iranian regime deals with protest,"

:hmm:

Back
Top Bottom