Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bristol - suburbs, nearby towns, nice places to visit on a reccy

Living near the train stations can make a big difference. Four of us heading to Motion tonight and travelling from Filton, Clifton & Montpelier to TM, total cost around £8. Buses would be £16 and taxis around £30 minimum.
Yep the little train is amazing! £1.50 at most (mostly free) and handy for me as I have friends in Sea Mills, Clifton and Bedminster.

Yep the little train is amazing! £1.50 at most (mostly free) and handy for me as I have friends in Sea Mills, Clifton and Bedminster.
Yeah, it's good. When I lived on S Road it was handy for Temple Meads, Gloucester Road, Clifton and Sea Mills for various reasons. If you can live in spitting distance of it then it's well worthwhile

Living in Redfield opened my eyes to the possibilities of local trains despite using the Beach line since I was 12. I was commuting to Aztec West which is easy walking distance to Patchway station when the equivalent bus journey could take 2 hours in rush hour traffic.

I live in Southville but I do like visiting the other areas - I think they all have their perks like the quirky shops of Stokes Croft and foodie cafes in Clifton like Caffe Clifton, which I love lazing about at!

I actually hate Clifton with a passion. Last time I went there I got charged £4.95 for a loaf of sourdough bread.

The last time I went to Clifton was for a funeral and I can't remember when I went before that.

I'm considering moving a bit further South than Bemmy (now I've just got the child into a school :facepalm: my timing is impeccable!)

Back
Top Bottom