Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BRISTOL - still on fire

Yes - including on stage and off with those in my post. Every single thing i went to he was there. Hip-hop nights to the Kronsdadt Klub. Lurking. Being tall.

Remind me about the Kronsdadt Klub.....I know I have been but got mass holes in my memory since hitting menopause !!!

My other half has moved to Bristol and is now a mature student. Any recomdations for places to go dance to interesting music preferably nicely off our tits. I'm down next weekend.

My other half has moved to Bristol and is now a mature student. Any recomdations for places to go dance to interesting music preferably nicely off our tits. I'm down next weekend.
Black Swan
Trinity
Lacota
The full moon and attic bar
Motion
Look at after dark, headfirst and Bristol 24/7- all websites.

I'm going to this at the end of March:
FB_IMG_1519491545404.jpg

Had to add this.......

I must now dig out some newer Brizzle tunage - with such a rich history of innovation and barrier melting....

I used to love this tune...saw them live at Ashton Court around the time Orange took over and ruined the experience.

I can't listen to the tune anymore, not because of AC but other reasons...:(

A couple more big names I didnt realise were from Bristol
Eats EVerything (love this one of his)...really need to check out his back catalogue

and julio bashmore ...dont really know his tunes, but one of those names you see about a lot

a little RA video about Bristol from 2011 - very interesting i think - cross pollination is the key to it

And not a Bristolian accent amongst them...:(

Dj Extreme over on Hardscore has been doing a series of Bristol-producer Jungle/DnB mixes

Latest one is full of rarities and unreleased bits -all worth a check out

01 Bizarre Inc – Keep The Music Strong (Roni Size Remix) – Some Bizarre
02 Roni Size – Between You & Me – Unreleased
03 Reprezent – Natural Thing – Talkin Loud
04 Roni Size – ‘Steppa’ – Unreleased
05 DJ Krust – ‘Mars’ – Unreleased
06 Gang Related – The Master – Unreleased
07 Progenitor – Meditator (Roni Size Mix) – Some Bizarre
08 Soul II Soul – Get A Life (DJ Krust Remix) – Unreleased
09 Sangomas – Siya Dengelela Kgonyama (Roni Size Remix) – B&W Music
10 DJ Krust – Angles (Unreleased Version) – Unreleased
11 D-Bridge – Bring The Flava (Gang Related Remix) – Trouble On Vinyl
12 Mask – Gang Busters – Unreleased
13 ACR – Yeah Boy (DJ Die Remix) – Robs Records
14 Gang Related & Mask – Battle Stations – Unreleased
15 DJ Die – Dance Of The Unknown DJ – 7pm Music
16 Roni Size – ‘Stay Back’ – Unreleased

Ah I was looking for this thread earlier. DLR's new sofa sound tune is good. Anyone ever tune into Swu.fm? I keep meaning too but forget. Listen to Sam Bing's and Foreign Concept chatting shit on there most months though. Good show.

Ah I was looking for this thread earlier. DLR's new sofa sound tune is good. Anyone ever tune into Swu.fm? I keep meaning too but forget. Listen to Sam Bing's and Foreign Concept chatting shit on there most months though. Good show.
hadnt heard of that, looks brilliant
do they have a license?

Mandidextrous is a pretty permanent feature of the Bristol raggatek scene. I'm shocked you've not encountered it. It should be blaring from every old parked up LDV and half the minirigs in the park :)

Yes, but that's just silly noise - makes you long for proper old fashioned melodic breakcore from back in the days of Bashout and Toxic Dancehall 🤣

Back
Top Bottom