Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brighton's new i360 tower - a ' giant dildo with a cock-ring'

The plan was, ma in law comes down from the north, 2 of us do sewer tour, have lunch with mad woman and do tower late in afternoon. The sewer tour booked for months has just been cancelled because of pride. Getting dinner in afterwards will be hell because of pride. Bollocks. :facepalm:
Oh and the London to Brighton trains will be packed. :facepalm:

So it has opened for business today,lots of suits down there and staff dressed as the Penguin from Batman films selling you shit and booze.That famous non commercial broadcaster are doing a live radio show from the site.Along with mentioning BA every 30 seconds they keep saying how great it is for the people of Brighton and what a beautiful iconic structure it is.They also interviewed punters who had just "walked on air":D and Bobs your uncle the word iconic gets rolled out again and again.If i were a cynic i would say the beeb are reading from a script.

Last edited:
Oh and tonights firework display has been canceled due to the er,,coastal weather,:cool: The back slapping session still go's ahead regardless.

Last edited:
The plan was, ma in law comes down from the north, 2 of us do sewer tour, have lunch with mad woman and do tower late in afternoon. The sewer tour booked for months has just been cancelled because of pride. Getting dinner in afterwards will be hell because of pride. Bollocks. :facepalm:
Oh and the London to Brighton trains will be packed. :facepalm:
No trains out of London bridge this weekend either.:mad:

Well, that first flight didn't go according to plan! :D

45 minutes late cos the doors wouldn't close. Finally at 2.45 it slid up the pole, but not to the 138m. The 20 minutes viewing time was cut short to about 5 mins max, & it made the descent. Half way down there were shrieks of panic as an unexpected jolt had hearts in mouths. Stationary there for another 5 mins until back to terra firma :D

I watched it, & listened to Sussex Radio, but I doubt this'll get a mention in the media this evening.

200 folks crammed into a donut at 15 quid a pop. Lovely jubley!

Well that was "fun". They have yet to sort out crowd flow as it took an age to get off because everyone stood around by the exit looking at the
merchandised photos you had to endure before getting on it. Have to say, as someone who does not like heights it was fine, I think because of the huge floor. Other than that, it was exactly as expected. You get in a caapsule, you get taken to a height, you come down again and get off, end of.
Ma in law loved it, wifey wants to go back, me I need a new phone as I found out the camera in my smartphone is buggered.

Lucky for them it wasn't windy down here today.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom