Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brighton's new i360 tower - a ' giant dildo with a cock-ring'

From the blurb,

The jury also felt that there was a sense of delight in the way the pod emerges from the bowels of the earth, which can be enjoyed by passers-by.

This is not my experience as a local who passes it almost daily. When the pod or should i say double curved ‘oblate ellipsoid rises from the ground the majority of passers by turn away. This is because you have a hundred plus tourists with cameras aimed at and snapping away in your direction :D

as in an eye in the sky or eye can see 360/far etc etc
or can't call it Brighton Eye due to London Eye and possibility of getting sued so let's be clever and call it ''i'
they were prob full of glee when someone came up with it!

what does the "i" mean? - Is that lower case letter not trademarked yet ?
“The ‘i’ stands for intelligence, innovation and integrity,” says David Marks, one half of Marks Barfield, the husband-and-wife architects behind the London Eye and now creators of the British seaside’s latest surreal spectacle. It might also stand for incredible – that their madcap scheme ever got off the ground.

Spotting this thread made me laugh, because an old mate was in it when it first broke down, and the replies to his FB post were so funny, not that I can find them now, but I was reminded of this...

Presume we've seen Norman's set up there. the crowd mostly look like they wish they were somewhere else or maybe they just realized there's no toilet.

Wasn't aware that it's the residents of Brighton & Hove who have funded this thing. And in classic neo-liberal tradition it will be a private company that reaps any profits, but the muggy council tax payers who'll bear any losses.

Wasn't aware that it's the residents of Brighton & Hove who have funded this thing. And in classic neo-liberal tradition it will be a private company that reaps any profits, but the muggy council tax payers who'll bear any losses.

The whole thing was originally supposed to be privately financed, then they went cap in hand to the council for a £15m loan, that ended-up being a £36m loan - towards the total cost of £46m. :facepalm:

Of course, it was the Green Party in minority control of the council at the time, bless them.

The whole thing was originally supposed to be privately financed, then they went cap in hand to the council for a £15m loan, that ended-up being a £36m loan - towards the total cost of £46m. :facepalm:

Of course, it was the Green Party in minority control of the council at the time, bless them.

Yes one thing I have learnt about the Green Party is that they are completely green in terms of economy and finance, the business sector takes full advantage of this.. :facepalm:

The cunts behind the i360 not only got a fuck off loan from the council also got the ferris wheel to fuck off:mad:

We are getting a giant ferris wheel this year, they are getting ready to drive foundations into the beach, between the pier & lido.

BUILDERS have started work on a big wheel as tall as nine double-decker buses.

The 46-metre high Worthing Observation Wheel (WOW), the biggest on the south coast, began construction today.
The WOW will be open for a six to nine month period between April and October for the next three years before it is dismantled each winter.

Builders start work on south coast's biggest Ferris wheel

Back
Top Bottom