Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Boxing

Fury's great. I'm a fan, and I think he has the potential to do great things. But the ref's stoppage devalued his win a bit I think. Firtha was no more rocked at that point than Tyson had been earlier. I'm confident he would have won, but he should have been given the opportunity to actually do so.

Agreed. Great fight. Bad decision by the ref

The knockout and butt are both on youtube. Deliberate planned butt and mayweather was more than cheeky. But Ortiz's pathetic attempt to kiss and hug him made me lose any sympathy. Both pair of muppets last night really. But, back in the real world, don't do that to Mayweather in the ring or that may happen to you.
Agree butchers. A bit naughty by Mayweather but he was the only one who done his job properly in the fight.

The butt wasn't even the first, he had tried it twice before too.

Mayweather is slick and silky etc.. but people tend to forget he's a tough fucker too and he doesn't take any shit.

Just about to get going. I thought it was on for 2 am FFS. Hadn't registered that was just the start of the card. :facepalm:

Ah fuck, I'm gonna feel like crap tomorrow, again. I don't think church is gonna happen somehow. Khan better fuckin win...!

Looking pretty even overall. Amir's still bright, you can see it with his glances towards the ref. If he can last the pace I see him unleashing in a later round and taking the KO.

Some fight.

ETA: Fucksake, Khan can win this, but losing it on points at the moment. Needs to quit the showboating and keep up the aggression.

Thrown away by Khan. Better fighter, but the fight lost by immaturity. All due credit to Peterson though, tough SOB with good technique and relatively quick hands.

Awaiting the decision. But if Peterson gets it then any claim that it was just the 2 points deducted that made it will be mere cowardice. IMHO.

Great fight and Peterson was a strong fighter but the ref was ignoring his low head from the off. No excuses for Khan who still gave rounds away, starting well then acting cocky. After the amount of warnings for pushing Khan deserved the points docking but in the last round it looks shady; add to that the delay in the announcement.

Two yanks score it 113-112 and the Puerto Rican 115-110 the other way, sounds like people watching different fights.:hmm:

glad khan lost, underestimated his opponent and was way too cocky in his post-fight interview
I thought he was really cocky aswell. Peterson seems like a down to earth guy even if the ref was harsh on khan I'm glad he won.

Back
Top Bottom