Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Boxing

i dont think the ref was particularly hard on khan, you could clearly hear him warn him on several occasions

khan simply didn't have the power to trouble petersen and took too many heavy shots when pinned to the ropes

Froch is massively up against it, though he has proven me wrong enough times in the past for me to give him a chance. I don't think it will be the shut out many are predicting. War Froch!

Around about 30 minutes. Brook reckons the next time he will be like a 'racing snake'. Wtf is that? never heard that expression before!

I may as well, I've just got in. Wysiwig here I come.

ETA: I see Bloodzeed's got it again. I'm not convinced the guy ever sleeps.

Thanks but it's telling me I need a plug-in and i really don't trust that.

Found this one which is Mac-friendly:

http://www.firstrowsports.tv/watch/98556/1/watch-boxing-:-andre-ward-vs-carl-froch.html

It;s usually pretty reliable for 90 minutes of football so here's hoping it does't conk out midway through the fight.

Hope it works for you. The link i posted asks for a plugin download, ignore it for 60secs and it seems to work without clicking anything. WAR FROCH.

Hope it works for you. The link i posted asks for a plugin download, ignore it for 60secs and it seems to work without clicking anything. WAR FROCH.
Rings a bell (lol). Lots of DivX streams start with a bullshit image saying you need a plugin.

Andre Ward was a class act tonight, both in the ring and afterwards in interview. And Carl Frotch was too - knew exactly why he lost and didn't mind saying so. Good honest fight, no dodgy decisions, undisputed winner. For a change!

Both come away with credit, it was pretty much the shutout i hoped it wouldn't be. Ward has my full respect even if i'm not a great fan of his style. Must drink up and sleep now.

I had it 8 - 4 to Ward so far from a shutout. Saying that tho', for the majority of the fight Ward was a class above Froch, when it got towards the end Froch's natural fitness and toughness came through. If it was a 15 rd fight Froch would have had it closer by the end.

All credit to Ward, he fought a great fight and I did enjoy it, far from it being a thriller.

Would love to have seen Calzaghe vs Ward,

Back
Top Bottom