Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Blade Runner's on the telly

No, what story?

Its summit I read ( but cant find it online ) Ridly called up Stan and asked is he had any leftover footage of forests he could uses in BR emd credits, cos Stan did a bit of it in the shining. Stan says hes will see what he has lying around. a few days later , a van turns up with full of film cans, with something like 250 hours of forests, filmed from a helicopter, that stan had shot and never used.

Just noticed that Tarantino nicked Darryl Hannah's death dance on the floor in Kill Bill 2 off of Blade Runner

Last edited:
Its summit I read ( but cant find it online ) Ridly called up Stan and asked is he had any leftover footage of forests he could uses in BR emd credits, cos Stan did a bit of it in the shining. Stan says hes will see what he has lying around. a few days later , a van turns up with full of film cans, with something like 250 hours of forests, filmed from a helicopter, that stan had shot and never used.

This is also mentioned in the cracking making of docu 'On the edge of Blasderunner'

Awesome film, spawned a new generation of Sci Fi films. Cinematography is incredible pre CGI.
Love it.

Probably spent the budget on the iconic neon lights, though they could have saved money there by filming in any major city in the far east.

the opening sequence with the towers and the flames is still 100% gold imo. Watched it on a projector earlier in the year and it really really does justify the ballache of getting the projector out.

apparently the final scene where dawn breaks and Rutger does his 'time to die' speech (which he wrote himself lol) was entirely accidental, they were rushing to get it all shot before dawn broke and the fact that it did at that moment is just happy circumstance.

I like the shitty voiceover. :)

Plus it's a nice ending, they live a long happy life in the original.
The ending pretty much allowed us to watch it as part of my final year at uni - geography degree. Without that I'm not sure we'd have been watching it :)

(I also quite like the shitty voiceover...)

Back
Top Bottom