• A-Team

• Knight Rider

• Street Hawk

• Airwolf

• Blue Thunder

• Dukes of Hazzard

• Chips

Results are only viewable after voting.
I enjoyed the Dukes of Hazzard a lot as a child. I strongly suspect I would enjoy it a lot less as an adult.

Chips was ace as well but given I can barely remember anything that happened in it, I bet it's actually quite boring.
One if the things I remember, I think, is that one of them happened to be an amazing skateboarder, as the original 70s craze was in full swing. Conveniently.
Actually, the only other thing I can remember is someone was driving a Citroen with a wheel missing and them pulling the car over. Driver was french an they asked ‘Is that how you drive over there?’ Or something.

Hmm, that’s interesting Daniel, thank you.

There's a Portuguse channel called RTP Memoria which is a mixture of old Portuguese programmes and classics . Last year they had a golden patch at night of The Avengers followed by Dukes of Hazard then Night Rider on Tuesday and Wednesday nights all in English with Portugal subtitles. They are in a Magnum and Columbo cycle at the moment.

I can't decide between The A Team and Knight Rider.
Think they are both on Paramount Channel on Freeview so I'll do some research before making my final decision

Dukes of Hazzard and CHiPs definitely.

The only 2 bits of CHiPs I remember are:

- A whole episode based around the tightness of Ponch's shirt. As he was very cool, Ponch wouldn't wear regulation shirts and had his made by his own tailor. Some other cop, jealous of Ponch's coolness and the tightness of his uniform, grassed him to the Captain. I can't remember what happened.

- A whole episode based around a wacky car festival that was happening. Wacky cars caused chaos on the highway. One wacky car had 2 front ends and people kept swerving off the highway trying to avoid the car driving straight at them.

My memories of DofH are mainly of waiting for the car chase/jump and thinking about Daisy Duke

- A whole episode based around the tightness of Ponch's shirt. As he was very cool, Ponch wouldn't wear regulation shirts and had his made by his own tailor. Some other cop, jealous of Ponch's coolness and the tightness of his uniform, grassed him to the Captain. I can't remember what happened.
:D :D :D

I don't like any of them much, but if I'm forced to pick one it would be Dukes of Hazard because of the General. Although it irks me that so many were destroyed making the show.

I used to like how the car in the Dukes of Hazzard could basically just fly. Rosco in pursuit? Just put your foot down Bo and next thing it'll be in the sky leaping over a fucking lake or something. Also, no doors so they had to leap in through the windows. That was pretty cool. Didn't their Dad used to moan about how shit that was?

I used to like how the car in the Dukes of Hazzard could basically just fly. Rosco in pursuit? Just put your foot down Bo and next thing it'll be in the sky leaping over a fucking lake or something. Also, no doors so they had to leap in through the windows. That was pretty cool. Didn't their Dad used to moan about how shit that was?
I remember one of my brother's mates lowered his Mini, one of the old style ones, went over a speed bump, ripped the fuel tank and was bloody lucky it didn't go up so bugger knows how the General escaped such a fate :D

I remember one of my brother's mates lowered his Mini, one of the old style ones, went over a speed bump, ripped the fuel tank and was bloody lucky it didn't go up so bugger knows how the General escaped such a fate :D
You'd have to fit a protective plate. It's fairly standard procedure in car meant for hardcore off roading. Same at the front, put on a sump guard.

In fact they destroyed a lot of cars. You can tell from the angle at which they land which are destroyed.

I loved it as a kid but I tried rewatching a DoH show on YouTube a few years ago and couldn’t make it more than 5 minutes. It’s the worst of backwater American attitudes to, well, everything. I was shocked my parents actually let me watch it.

I loved it as a kid but I tried rewatching a DoH show on YouTube a few years ago and couldn’t make it more than 5 minutes. It’s the worst of backwater American attitudes to, well, everything. I was shocked my parents actually let me watch it.

According to wikipedia more 'adult themes' faded out early on. 2 years earlier of course our family viewing was Roots. No adult themes there. :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom