Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Anything good on telly this christmas

Gavin and stacy was excellent, laghed my socks off when 5he kids ran in wanting their selection boxes.

Me too. Also looking forward to the Top Gear special but I don't suppose that has too many supporters on here.

On my TV will be Watchmen and Mr Robot but that's coming via torrents so probably doesn't count.
I liked the first season of Mr Robot but gave up watching because Rami Malek mumbles a lot and I kept struggling to make out what he was saying.

Is there a part 2? I can't tell from iplayer. There was an... unanswered question there at the end.

We may have to wait til the next xmas special. I thought it was OK, I find it moderately amusing and watched it cos there wasn't a lot else on that appealed. It was almost certainly the best evening viewing on Freeview/terrestrial tonight though! Looking forward to the Susan Hill ghost story (Boxing Day, 9pm, C5). Will be going to the early evening showing of the new Star Wars flick at the Stratford Picturehouse before that.

Is there a part 2? I can't tell from iplayer. There was an... unanswered question there at the end.
I hope so, though as epona says it will probably be next year,there's 11 million of us waiting for that answer :D
It was lovely that they raised a glass to doris as well

Last edited:
As Ness said "funny time of year Christmas-it makes you think".It was difficult to watch Gavin and Stacey's Christmas Day without comparing it with one's own family-circumstances.I found it excruciating to watch to be honest but that was doubtless because it seemed mostly quite true to life/believable.Worse than The Office for cringe-worthiness.

I saw 5 minutes of Worzel :facepalm:
Admittedly I've seen little television but did see the Vicar Of Dibley the other night. Never seen that episode before. Classic. :thumbs:

Only good 'on tele' thing I've seen so far was The Chase bloopers edition which was lol. All my other watching has been through the internets

It's coming from the original books innit, not the fantastic Pertwee version we all remember so fondly.
There are bits from the tv series they should have kept though but - the changing of heads for one. I loved that

The only decent thing OH and I have found to watch all Christmas was Match of the Day on the iPlayer.

Back
Top Bottom