Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Black & White Stripey Tops - irrational dislike

Bet you wish you were there to watch this ska invita

8640.jpg

As a kid, there was stripes on occasion. But once you gain pounds, they're not very flattering. Unless they're vertical stripes.

I had a dream involving some old actual-from-a-camera photographs of me and some old friends where a huge number of people, myself included, were wearing stripy tops, even though I do not actually own a stripy top in real life. What does this mean?

I had a dream involving some old actual-from-a-camera photographs of me and some old friends where a huge number of people, myself included, were wearing stripy tops, even though I do not actually own a stripy top in real life. What does this mean?

"Even the simple act of telling a friend about your dream can be healing, because on some level you are expressing emotions that have been taking up space in your mind (though, often unconsciously). When you tell the story of a dream, you express the emotions themselves and thus take ownership for them. Once you name an emotion that you are feeling, you have more control over it, you are able to manage it because you are aware that it exists as a driving force in your life.
Let your dreams do some of the emotional heavy lifting for you"

"Even the simple act of telling a friend about your dream can be healing, because on some level you are expressing emotions that have been taking up space in your mind (though, often unconsciously). When you tell the story of a dream, you express the emotions themselves and thus take ownership for them. Once you name an emotion that you are feeling, you have more control over it, you are able to manage it because you are aware that it exists as a driving force in your life.
Let your dreams do some of the emotional heavy lifting for you"
So you're saying this means I should buy a stripy top?

So you're saying this means I should buy a stripy top?
That's an interesting interpretation...a Freudian slip perhaps, suggesting a hidden desire?

You have been posting on this thread vigorously... For some reason the topic has struck a deep subconscious chord.
Killer B asked if you felt "seen". You replied you don't own a striped top. Yet ownership isnt necessary when talking about signifiers... It's about "owning" what is signified.

In your dream you and your friends are all wearing stripes... Branded by them even. How does this make you feel? Clearly it's upsetting on some level, as your subconscious dream world is having to process related issues.

As your doctor I think you should buy a striped top, and wear it. You joked about doing so above, but many a true word said in jest. Your were testing saying it out loud. This is an important step.

Wear it and see how you feel. Wear it with friends. Take a photo of yourself.

My hour is up, I'll see you next week

I should add that I think the police turned up at some point, possibly they were raiding my house and confiscated the photos as potential evidence of something?

Back
Top Bottom