Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Black Pudding

seeformiles

Lost in the wood
In the last month I’ve had a craving for black pudding. Mrs SFM thinks it’s disgusting but I love it. Perhaps it’s my body craving for iron but it’s just a cracking food. Anyone else feel the same? What are your fave blood sausages? Recommendations? Please let me hear them :)

Clonakilty black pudding is reknowned over here.
I like it.
But I actually prefer Denny's 🙂 It holds it's shape better when fried and it doesnt go all crumbly which is what can happen Clonakilty pudd.

Denny’s was the first I tried (back in N.Ireland) but can’t get it here

I’ve started eating it a bit last few months, it’s an acquired taste but it does taste pretty good and it goes with a variety of things.

I don’t eat much meat otherwise so this is a good burst of easy digestible stuff once or twice a week.

I’ve started eating it a bit last few months, it’s an acquired taste but it does taste pretty good and it goes with a variety of things.

I don’t eat much meat otherwise so this is a good burst of easy digestible stuff once or twice a week.

Have you ever tried liver and bacon? Not as heavy as red meat per se...just a piece dredged in flour and some black pepper and fried in a little butter. You can fry up a strip of bacon beside it. Or wrap the liver in the bacon and cook it in the oven.

Liver is full of vitamins and minerals and a small piece goes a long way.
Fucking love it.

also white pudding but that's another story.
100% agree
Love it.
Especially when its well fried and crispy on the outside and then stuffed between 2 slices of thick white bread that's been smothered in butter.

😀

Bury pud is the gold standard for me - shop at the bottom of the road sells it - but the Scottish McSween’s sort is great as well but different.:cool:
There is no better pudding. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong.
Any time my mate visits from Manchester, he brings a bag of 20 or so little rings with him. There really is no pudding like it.

25631300933_651be974dc_o.jpg

Have you ever tried liver and bacon? Not as heavy as red meat per se...just a piece dredged in flour and some black pepper and fried in a little butter. You can fry up a strip of bacon beside it. Or wrap the liver in the bacon and cook it in the oven.

Liver is full of vitamins and minerals and a small piece goes a long way.

100% agree
Love it.
Especially when its well fried and crispy on the outside and then stuffed between 2 slices of thick white bread that's been smothered in butter.

😀

I also enjoy liver and bacon now and again.

The sheer mineraliness of the liver with the punchy salty hit of the bacon.

The odd thing is i'm not a huge fan of pork but fucking love pork products.

there is something that the curing or processing does that turns okish meat into carnivore crack cocaine

The best black pudding is Morcilla, fact. This might be due to nostalgia as my Catalan grandfather introduced me to it when I was a nipper, but nonetheless I'm right. A bit drunk, but right.

The best black pudding is Morcilla, fact. This might be due to nostalgia as my Catalan grandfather introduced me to it when I was a nipper, but nonetheless I'm right. A bit drunk, but right.

I do like morcilla - a different thing altogether but just as lovely 😊

Can that be bought here?
Nah, you can only get pretend BP here. There's absolutely no comparison between it and anything you've ever had... unless you've had Bury black pudding. It's totally different. You have to fry the pudding you get here. You can throw a ring of this in boiling water for a few minutes, cut it lengthways and spoon out the contents with a teaspoon. It's a totally different beast.

Last edited:
Nah, you can only get pretend BP here. There's absolutely no comparison between it and anything you've ever had... unless you've had Bury black pudding. It's totally different. You have to fry the pudding you get here. You can throw a ring of this in boiling water for a few minutes, cut it lengthways and spoon out the contents with a teaspoon. It's a totally different beast.

you speak the truth. Once bitten - forever smitten (kitten!)😺

Love it, but only in small pieces or thin slices, fried crisp but not burnt. Morcilla is great too but/and it often has rice in - which is a plus for me as it cuts the richness a bit. I've never seen the full manufacturing process, which is probably just as well. Would struggle to deal with either if cooked 'wet' (like in a soup or boiled), I think.

Back
Top Bottom