Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Billionaires are evil

YEs, but it would rely on an honesty box. Amazon have done supermarkets whereby the whole thing was automated, ie no checkouts. However still needed people to load up shelves and keep an eye on things.

So the answer is in fact, no.

A fail to see your point however, my point was - that I freely handed the money over, it wasn't thieved Therefore someone in "supermarket A" is better off and a bit closer to being a billionaire - I did that..

No you didn't. You handed over money to the supermarket in exchange for goods. The supermarket skimmed the profits off the workers, without whom the supermarket could not even function.

Billionaires are thieves and parasites.

THe supermarket doesn't skim the profits off the workers, it pays the workers out of the profits.

The money goes into the till, the collective business pot. The worker gets a cut out of the profits at the end of the day.

THe supermarket doesn't skim the profits off the workers, it pays the workers out of the profits.

The money goes into the till, the collective business pot. The worker gets a cut out of the profits at the end of the day.

You really need to take a basic econ class.

TBH, I'm wondering if you ever had a job, otherwise you'd know that's not how it works.

Last edited:

No. The employee payroll is a necessary expense of the operation, you have to pay people to do the work in the first place (otherwise you have no workers. Or you're a slaver). The profits come after workers in the causal chain.

This billionaire on the till at the supermarket, are they like really old? The back of my fag packet tells me that on ~£10 an hour it will take slightly over 40,000 years to get to that billion. That’s if you don’t spend anything along the way…

This billionaire on the till at the supermarket, are they like really old? The back of my fag packet tells me that on ~£10 an hour it will take slightly over 40,000 years to get to that billion. That’s if you don’t spend anything along the way…

My calculations put it a few orders of magnitude worse than that. According to this Investopedia page, Elon Musk is the richest person on the planet with a net worth of $273 billion. If you worked 24/7/365 at the US federal minimum wage of $7.25/hour, spending nothing, it would take you just under 4.3 million years to become as wealthy as Musk. You'd have to start all the way back when the closest thing to humans were the Australopithecines.

It is utterly absurd that any one person is allowed to own/control so much wealth.

You've forgotten the corporate welfare. You've missed the part where the taxpayer subsidises the supermarket chains' overheads, because so many employees end up claiming top up benefits/housing allowance because their pay is so low.

So the public/taxpayer tops up the supermarket staff income.

Supermarkets nationalise the losses (ie get the State to contribute towards paying their overheads, ie labour costs) and privatise the profits.

I think companies shouldn't be allowed to make any profits if any of their staff are claiming top up benefits. I think they should only be able to take profits out of the business if they pay all of their staff a Real Living Wage.

Think about all the fuss that's made over benefits claimants who have a flat screen TV or a smart phone, how dare they live beyond their means?!?! (Even though pretty all TVs are flat screen (or plasma or whatever) now, and people need smart phones/internet access nowadays, even if they're unemployed, because they have to apply for jobs).

Why is it the people who complain about poor people having a telly and a mobile phone aren't as outraged about supermarket executives and owners and investors earning millions in fake profits spending beyond their means when their company's 'lifestyle' has to, effectively, be propped up by public bail-outs.

Supermarkets nationalise the losses (ie get the State to contribute towards paying their overheads, ie labour costs) and private the profits.

I think companies shouldn't be allowed to make any profits if any of their staff are claiming top up benefits. I think they should only be able to take profits out of the business if they pay all of their staff a Real Living Wage.

Think about all the fuss that's made over benefits claimants who have a flat screen TV or a smart phone, how dare they live beyond their means?!?! (Even though pretty all TVs are flat screen (or plasma or whatever) now, and people need smart phones/internet access nowadays, even if they're unemployed, because they have to apply for jobs).

Why is it the people who complain about poor people having a telly and a mobile phone aren't as outraged about supermarket executives and owners and investors earning millions in fake profits spending beyond their means when their company's 'lifestyle' has to, effectively, be propped up by public bail-outs.

Tesla has raked in millions in subsides, guaranteed loans, and cheap real estate from both the governments of the US and China. Its interesting that he says he's against them. It seems that mostly he's against them now that his competition is getting them:

In the U.S., aid came in various forms, including loans, credits and tax breaks. In 2010, the firm got a $465 million loan from the Energy Department under a special program, which it repaid three year later. The state of Nevada gave the company $1.3 billion in incentives to build a battery factory near Reno. Other states have given Musk millions of dollars, too. Tax credits for consumers, meanwhile, helped make Teslas more affordable, until the company sold enough vehicles to render it ineligible for aid. Under Biden’s “Build Back Better” spending bill, the automaker could re-qualify because the cap on cars sold will be removed. Tesla continues to benefit from pollution credits that it can sell to other manufacturers, too.

When the U.S. market was rocky, though, Musk looked to China – a growing consumer base with supportive policies, where he was welcomed with open arms. Tesla has benefited from loans on loose terms, low-cost land, an investment agreement with the government, support for the speedy build-out of its manufacturing facility, a deep supply chain of suppliers, including for batteries — you name it. All that has allowed the company to churn out thousands of vehicles for sale in the world’s largest market and now exports them to other parts of the world.

And people do become outraged. I help maintain a little free pantry near my house. In the last week alone, I've had to repair some nasty graffiti, a broken door, and packages of food being opened and scattered around. In the past it's been things like taking all the labels off the canned goods, and pouring paint over the food. It's an ongoing thing to find it vandalized because people resent the thought that anyone might get something who hasn't earned it three times over.

And people do become outraged. I help maintain a little free pantry near my house. In the last week alone, I've had to repair some nasty graffiti, a broken door, and packages of food being opened and scattered around. In the past it's been things like taking all the labels off the canned goods, and pouring paint over the food. It's an ongoing thing to find it vandalized because people resent the thought that anyone might get something who hasn't earned it three times over.

Fucking hell. Some of the people who need that food are going to be children. This kind of shit should as socially unacceptable as noncery.

How Bill Gates Makes the World Worse Off
Current Affairs. 29 July 2022
Billionaires giving to charity, also called philanthrocapitalism, doesn’t actually empower the world’s neediest or reduce inequality.

Interview with Linsey McGoey
Robinson -

That’s a fascinating point. Carnegie, as I said, has this bifurcation where he says, Oh, there’s the ruthless world of capitalist accumulation, and you build your money however you like. But then there’s the sense of guilt, right? This sense of obligation. And then you have to do charity, the good stuff. But, as you say, Gates is something different. It’s called social entrepreneurship, which is to say that business itself can be a force for good. We don’t have to feel bad. You can make money and do good at the same time, not make your money and then use the money to do good.

Gates probably thinks that pharmaceutical companies are a force for good in the world. It’s not that they are profit-seeking entities that are essentially sociopathic, or that we need to be really careful about them because we know that they have all these really, really bad incentives to make money at the expense of sick people. To Gates, they are a benevolent partner, and it’s a win-win.

Another problem that worries me about billionaires is irrespective of how they got their money, who is ever going to "no" to them anymore?

The likes of Gates aren't without their critics but it's easy to dismiss them as conspiracy types or something and ignore their voice of saying "no" indirectly.

Another problem that worries me about billionaires is irrespective of how they got their money, who is ever going to "no" to them anymore?
Sven said nein to Musk:
Sven-Marquardt-009.jpg
ETA: (I should probably point out that Sven is head of security at Berghain, a Berlin queer/mixed techno club with an infamously baffling and seemingly random door policy. Musk tried to get in once and was refused entry. I went to Berghain once and got in, probably because I had an enormous moustache at the time. And because I wasn't a billionaire.)

Last edited:
YEs, but it would rely on an honesty box. Amazon have done supermarkets whereby the whole thing was automated, ie no checkouts. However still needed people to load up shelves and keep an eye on things.

A fail to see your point however, my point was - that I freely handed the money over, it wasn't thieved Therefore someone in "supermarket A" is better off and a bit closer to being a billionaire - I did that..
Obligatory factory of the future quote

“The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment.”

Your arguments are lame and need work. Read some books. From your posts I’m expecting you to be a three gun owning, sister fucking amurican freedom eagle

Let me help you

It doesn’t have any pictures or colouring in it mind

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment.”
Yes but it'll have one billionaire owner and 1M customers paying £25 per week to the factory/shop and thus keeping the billionaire a billionaire.

Let me help you

It doesn’t have any pictures or colouring in it mind

Or in short...
1392337216612.gif

I can't help feel that way. It is all about power over the little people. They could easily sort out a lot of the famine, poverty and so much else in the world. They should be taxed more but let's face it, it would go right to the millionaires anyway.

I can't help feel that way. It is all about power over the little people. They could easily sort out a lot of the famine, poverty and so much else in the world. They should be taxed more but let's face it, it would go right to the millionaires anyway.
That's exactly how I feel about Amazon who treat their staff in such a controlling way they are like slaves. But so long as they provide the goods, at a reasonable price in good time, who cares 😓

That's exactly how I feel about Amazon who treat their staff in such a controlling way they are like slaves. But so long as they provide the goods, at a reasonable price in good time, who cares 😓
I just watched this on BBC iPlayer. Based on real life events. It shocked me to the core.
If you get a chance to watch, I would love to hear your feedback.

Life and Death In The Warehouse (2022)
download.jpeg.jpg

One of the reasons to tax the morbidly wealthy is to increase the velocity of money. It will probably end up right back where it started in the first place, but between then, it will have passed through a number of other hands first.

I just watched this on BBC iPlayer. Based on real life events. It shocked me to the core.

View attachment 336894
We made a point of seeing this which was bad enough. Based loosely on real life events is just a fraction of the story. But like I say, most people don't give a toss .

View attachment 336894
Of course I will watch it. I have a good idea where it will be going but sadly and maddeningly it's generally preaching to the converted. I keep thinking I want to stick notes on all my neighbours parcels saying how shit Amazon are. To me bezos/Amazon are modern day slavers. Is he much different to Edward colston who hit the news earlier this year. Is this politically correct times we try to cleanse ourselves of all these people while all the time supporting a modern day version. It. Makes. Me. ANGRY.

Back
Top Bottom