Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Best Scene in a Film

Bit like my black Christmas example and girl with a dragon tattoo... it's the moment of realisation in a film that really gets me. They suddenly realise in the godfather that the young Al Pacino is not who they thought he was and you can feel their realisation.

Sometimes you can get that when watching Columbo

Also the moment Denzel Washington realises that he is fighting a supernatural force in the film Fallen, when a dozen people sequentially sing the same song.

The final monologue in Stand By Me.

"All those years, I thought it had been them who had stood by me. But really it was me who was standing by them."

the bit in crocodile dundee where mick is in new york and stops a handbag snatcher by throwing a tin of food at the thiefs head. Probably concussed.

One of my favourite scenes, from The Harder The Come,
Ivan chasing Jose out of the shanty town, much to the
amusement and joy of the children there.To the sound of
Pressure Drop by Toots and the Maytals. Just wonderful.

The tears in rain monologue in Bladerunner.

That's the best scene in the entirety of cinema history.

I was watching a BBC docu about science fiction and robots and they actually had Rutger Hauer on and he gave that monologue again. Just awesome. A mate of mine saw him once on the ferry to the Outer Hebrides from Skye, he was alone and did not want to speak to anyone.

Don't know what it is but I'm going to watch it
You missed its heyday. By today's standards it's very, very, very slow moving.

However if you want get a flavour, imagine a series of Strictly Come Dancing that ends with a
murder suicide pact gone wrong

The bit in Sunrise a Song of Two Humans where they're on the date in town and so wrapped up in each other they cross a busy intersection without noticing the traffic. Copied so many times since, but classic.

That tracking shot in Goodfellas where Henry and Karen are shown to their table.

Or the scene where Henry introduces the guys - Jimmy "Two Times" etc

Dammit, just about any scene from Scorsese's masterpiece.

Back
Top Bottom