Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

beatles songs which are actually quite good

?

Have never understood the general loathing shown for The Fabs on Urban ? I've always thought it's a lot of snobbish posturing in general and at best ill thought out ctriticism. Not everything they did was brilliant as some observers may suggest but boy could they do a tune ! And quite frankly their personalities and whether you like them or not as people matters not one jot, they are an integral part of our musical history and have outlived Punk !! To be honest though I prefer The Stones, far better song writers in their heyday !!

thanks for deciding my heartfelt opinion is snobbish posturing, the scales have fallen from my eyes.

:rolleyes:

fucking pathetic

I like The Beatles, some people don't like The Beatles and some people want to stab them in the eyes with a fork. Everyone is allowed an opinion.

Nothing worse than mentalist Beatles fans with a persecution complex.

Have never understood the general loathing shown for The Fabs on Urban ? I've always thought it's a lot of snobbish posturing in general and at best ill thought out ctriticism. Not everything they did was brilliant as some observers may suggest but boy could they do a tune ! And quite frankly their personalities and whether you like them or not as people matters not one jot, they are an integral part of our musical history and have outlived Punk !! To be honest though I prefer The Stones, far better song writers in their heyday !!
please, this isn't a beatles hatin' thread. leave it out, eh? plus, your point has already been made by any number of dickheads further up the thread. :)

oh and for the record, brainiac, it's perfectly possible to dislike something without attempting to undermine its place in cultural history. The Beatles were tremendously important, this doesn't in any way suggest I should like them, or that my dislike is "ill-thought out criticism".

That's just sheer fucking arrogance on your part

please, this isn't a beatles hatin' thread. leave it out, eh? plus, your point has already been made by any number of dickheads further up the thread. :)

sorry b, i shouldn't bite, but the sheer fuckwittedness of these people does my head in.

sorry b, i shouldn't bite, but the sheer fuckwittedness of these people does my head in.
it's their inability to read that confuses me. it's like some pavlovs dog thing - they assume that because it's a beatles thread, it'll be full of posts hating the beatles. which this hasn't been...

it's their inability to read that confuses me. it's like some pavlovs dog thing - they assume that because it's a beatles thread, it'll be full of posts hating the beatles. which this hasn't been...

quite, i even listed the beatles songs i like, which is some kind of epochmaking event :D

ah well, fuck em.

so true. The Beatle-bashing is a very 'Urban' thing. And snobby too, yep.

thanks for deciding my heartfelt opinion is snobbish posturing, the scales have fallen from my eyes.

:rolleyes:

fucking pathetic

I said, "snobbish posturing in general", not particularly anyone individual view. I don't deny anyone the right to love or hate any musical entity or anything else for that matter. Its OK if I disagree with some stuff I read on here isn't it ? & why do people have to personalise their responses by calling someone "Fucking Pathetic" or "dickhead", why always offensive ?

In response to the OP, best Beatles songs...god what a choice!

I love all John Lennon's stuff like Come Together, Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite and I am the Walrus. I love 'Good Morning' too, which was inspired by a box of Cornflakes.

Some of Pauls madder songs like Lady Madonna - thats brilliant. So is Fixing a hole from Srgt Pepper - thats an underrated one. Baby you can drive my car is his best one from the earlier era.

Georges 'Something' has got to be one of the best love songs ever written.

I said, "snobbish posturing in general", not particularly anyone individual view. I don't deny anyone the right to love or hate any musical entity or anything else for that matter. Its OK if I disagree with some stuff I read on here isn't it ? & why do people have to personalise their responses by calling someone "Fucking Pathetic" or "dickhead", why always offensive ?

ignore the mutherfucker like i do.:)

learn to read your own posts. you said AT BEST it was ill-thought out criticism, which is still a judgement on people purely for not liking the beatles. so you're casting aspersions on anyone who disagrees with you about them, and yet I'm the one personalising it?

Its OK if I disagree with some stuff I read on here isn't it ?
what are you disagreeing with though? this is a thread for people to post about the beatles songs they like. i suggest you do that, instead of disagreeing with sentiments which, if expressed at all on this thread, have been done in only the mildest way (or in reaction to posts like your very own).

what happened then? :cool: :)

John and Yoko met at Indica gallery in London where she was hosting an exhibition. It was one of Yoko's bonkers endeavours with white walls and a step ladder you had to walk up, and hold up a magnifying glass to the wall, where there was one tiny word written on the wall 'YES.' John said that towards the late 60's he noticed that the world was getting a bit cynical, and that word at Yoko's show was the first positive thing he had read in a long time, because it said something warm to him.

He met Yoko at the show (i think John attended a preview) and they fell in love but they didnt jump in too fast. Yoko was kind of aloof, and she didnt stalk him. They moved in similar circles.

learn to read your own posts. you said AT BEST it was ill-thought out criticism, which is still a judgement on people purely for not liking the beatles. so you're casting aspersions on anyone who disagrees with you about them, and yet I'm the one personalising it?

Yes you are personalising it. My comment was general regards this & countless other threads on the same or similar subject & not aimed at you {who are you by the way ? Never even new you'd posted on here when I posted my comment} and I don't have time to read through massive threads just so I don't tread on the delicate toes of those who find it hard to be disagreed with. My favourite beatles song happens to be 'All you need is love' BTW :)

Tomorrow Never Knows

She Said She Said
All of Revolver (-except Yellow Submarine)
Norwegian Wood
In My Life
Paperback Writer
Rain
Most of Sgt. Pepper's
Strawberry Fields Forever
Flying
Magical Mystery Tour
I Am The Walrus
Dear Prudence
Julia
I Will
Helter Skelter
It's All Too Much
Hey Bulldog
Here Comes the Sun
She Came In Through The Bathroom Window
Two Of Us

'Julia' is indeed a great one. So haunting :(

We could do this thread by splitting it into the eras of blue, red, white, and psycedelic.:)

How anyone wouldnt like songs like I am the Walrus, Revolution, and Here Comes the sun is beyond my understanding

:D:D:D

They're decent songs - but your inability to grasp the simple fact that people have varying personal taste and don't necessarily like what you like is hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom