Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

I don’t tune in to listen to an hour of some daft self absorbed c@nts mundane views on his existence/influences/free therapy from this pseudo-therapist Nemone

Rubbish

Last edited:
Fantastic radio all day so far - Cerys was awesome as usual; Queer Country doc was really good (I now love Orville Peck) and Ezra is now doing her usual perfect thing 😍

Liz Kershaw claiming she was axed due to sexism and ageism (also currently reacting about cycle lanes 🙄)

Er, she was sacked by... a woman

Er, she was sacked by... a woman

heard an interesting piece (on the BBC as it happens) that reckoned that research suggested female managers were as likely as male managers to make sexist decisions against women - it's an institutional / social problem, not something you can expect to be done better just by having a woman in charge in this particular case.

6 Music has plenty of female presenters and plenty of older presenters, although the only "older" (late 50s) and female presenter is MAH. I still don't think Liz was sacked for anything other than being shit (or at least tired and irrelevant to the station's image) though.

At least she gets spots on progressive-thinking GBeebies...

Yes, but those of us who aren’t there would rather not be constantly reminded about what we are missing.
i like seeing glastonbury on telly or hearing it on the radio, secure in the knowledge i can get to a lavatory without queuing or wondering what state it will be in, knowing i won't have to dance over comatose drunk twats, and that i'm hearing the sound better or enjoying watching the band from a much better vantage point than pretty much anyone at the festival

i like seeing glastonbury on telly or hearing it on the radio, secure in the knowledge i can get to a lavatory without queuing or wondering what state it will be in, knowing i won't have to dance over comatose drunk twats, and that i'm hearing the sound better or enjoying watching the band from a much better vantage point than pretty much anyone at the festival
Yes it's roughly 1000x better than actually being at the festival.

heard an interesting piece (on the BBC as it happens) that reckoned that research suggested female managers were as likely as male managers to make sexist decisions against women - it's an institutional / social problem, not something you can expect to be done better just by having a woman in charge in this particular case.
interesting thing with MPs too - if parliamentary politics was at least 70% female would people like Priti Patel rise to the top and act the way they do?

I briefly turned on 6 when I was making a cuppa about ten mins ago and there was some utterly dreadful self indulgent prog rock band being played from Glasto a few years ago. Does anyone know who they were so I can ensure I avoid them forever?

I briefly turned on 6 when I was making a cuppa about ten mins ago and there was some utterly dreadful self indulgent prog rock band being played from Glasto a few years ago. Does anyone know who they were so I can ensure I avoid them forever?
crap.png

God she’s vile!

Don’t think anything from the Acoustic stage was shown on TV.

You're right it wasn't, they did 5 stages, which tbh I think is pretty impressive. Saw some similar whining about Sugababes not being shown playing the Avalon stage. The Avalon stage is great but hardly deserves a 4 day outdoor broadcast set up. Most of it is pretty niche.

Back
Top Bottom