Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Battlefield 4

I'm starting to go a bit nuts because of this game. I'm subscribed to a few of the prominent BF4 YouTube channels. And the bastards keep uploading videos that make me drool with anticipation.

I cannot wait for 64 players again. The last BF game I played on the PC was BF2. Also, treating myself to a tablet for commander mode :D

Started work on my first emblem :D

2955058139061072948.png

So, apart from the PC crashes and server woes it looks like the PS4 is having the same trouble. Booting players from multiplayer games and corrupting the game save files for single player. EA are trying to blame Sony saying that it's a firmware issue.

Well, at least there may be a fix in time for UK release. But I bet the servers are still going to take around a week to work properly. Next gen eh, the more things change the more they stay the same :D

Multiplayer is crashing often even on PS3 now, it was fine before. very annoyed it's so buggy. Can't even play single player mode! It won't save my progress.

On the positive side, played a game of conquest with a 'commander' earlier, and everyone played brilliantly as a team and we won easily.

On the positive side, played a game of conquest with a 'commander' earlier, and everyone played brilliantly as a team and we won easily.

I'm glad that the commander is a dedicated commander role. In BF2 you had a commander running around playing the game. Doing scans and drops mainly for where he was on the map though. Due to that, most people ignored you when you were actually trying to play properly as commander.

I think it's the most anticipated feature for me. I love running around storming shit with a squad but also love the strategy element the commander brings.

My single player game is knackered. Just freezes the 360 and I have to turn it off and back on again. I'm gonna start the whole campaign again, see if that fixes it.

I'm glad that the commander is a dedicated commander role. In BF2 you had a commander running around playing the game. Doing scans and drops mainly for where he was on the map though. Due to that, most people ignored you when you were actually trying to play properly as commander.

I think it's the most anticipated feature for me. I love running around storming shit with a squad but also love the strategy element the commander brings.

The idea of a commander in these games is great. I suppose what would happen though if all players actually obey commands, is you end up with two opposing commanders playing a particularly exciting game of high speed chess. The other players are just... er... pawns. :)

I lost single player progress after getting quite far in, I've not really gone back to it other than to get past the first couple of levels because I've not seen a fix for it yet.

Also a lot of screwing about with control options to get it recognisable. Not too impressed. Had trouble getting on the multiplayer as well until i reset a filter. Why would I need to do that out of the box? That's stupid.

So none too impressed, I'm a fairly casual gamer so not losing sleep over it but it cost me a few quid and would be nice if they'd finished it properly.

I lost single player progress after getting quite far in, I've not really gone back to it other than to get past the first couple of levels because I've not seen a fix for it yet.

Also a lot of screwing about with control options to get it recognisable. Not too impressed. Had trouble getting on the multiplayer as well until i reset a filter. Why would I need to do that out of the box? That's stupid.

So none too impressed, I'm a fairly casual gamer so not losing sleep over it but it cost me a few quid and would be nice if they'd finished it properly.

What platform you playing on?

I must say, BF3 had a few issues at launch but nothing as bad as what seems to be going on since this release. I reckon most major flaws will be fixed by patch 2.

PC players are lucky in that they get it right away where as us console bods have to wait until MS or Sony certify them.

Crashing out of games as servers are under load is one thing...but being unable to play the campaign mode because it won't save is an absolute first for me. It's not fit for purpose.

Reactions: bmd
Crashing out of games as servers are under load is one thing...but being unable to play the campaign mode because it won't save is an absolute first for me. It's not fit for purpose.

TitanSound PS3

Agreed, I said as much to GAME when I sent them a complaint. Not something I normally do.

Im wondering how much I'd get for my 360 and games trade in against a PS4...... anyone seen anywhere doing it yet?

I also dont know whether its worth trading in my xbox 360..... game will give me a grand total of £35, and about £2.50 per game.

I sold my Xbox 360 (250GB Slim) with about 5 games for £125, privately. Game offered £70 for the console.

Try and sell privately? You should be able to get £50-75 for the console?

CEX will take it for £60....

Im wondering if I should do it now before the new console releases make the price drop massively...... They'll give me a tenner per controller (ive got 3) and about £3 or £4 per game, so I should be able to get about £100 for it from there in total.

Im gonna apply for a new credit card, and but it on that..... but I'm guessing Ill have to wait until after xmas to get my hands on one anyway now, but I dont want to get rid of my xbox yet as I haven't finished GTA V (im about 30% through)

Back
Top Bottom