Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bath City game 13/12/21 plus Wrap up London

Nivag

If anyone has an old coat they'd like to donate, the Supporters Trust is having a collection on Saturday

Didn't make the game due to COVID like symptoms and isolating while waiting on a PCR result. As such, I can't comment on the crowd or the provision of strawberry bellinis. However it sounded like we once more played really well with McGregor pulling the strings. We're also, I think, seeing the benefits of a settled side. Coupled with Scotland's win last night this season is getting dangerously exciting. However, I think we're playing Oxford away soon: we always lose there!

Great game, solid throughout and created a good amount of chances in both halves. The defending was a lot better than against Hampton, we did well against Baths early possession and pressure, scored and then looked comfortable for the remaining match.

All played well but Mgregor was exceptional, deadly from set pieces and carried the ball foward in midfield. He got the assist for Greens goal after carrying the ball 20 yards and sliding the attacker in. He sprayed the ball around effortlessly today and kept the wingers involved. Looks like a steal this season and League potential.

Think best we have played all season at home
some good goals and some so wounderful nearly goals
our attackers were deadly
Bath City a shadow of the team we played a few years back
another totally incredible attendance 3,334 (plus)
Huge queues - at least 500 turned away
handful of Bath fans singing "what a load of rubbish" at the end - slightly unfair but to be fair don't think Bath had a shot on target in the second half -

Do hate International break games - so many premiership fans think its there opportunity or right to get pissed and lark around at non-league
somehow we need to have fewer of them and get more locals in (many of whom unfortunately got turned away today)

queues for toilets particularly bad today

Great singing from the Toilets opposite and main stand

Many, many positives from today

Think best we have played all season at home
some good goals and some so wounderful nearly goals
our attackers were deadly
Bath City a shadow of the team we played a few years back
another totally incredible attendance 3,334 (plus)
Huge queues - at least 500 turned away
handful of Bath fans singing "what a load of rubbish" at the end - slightly unfair but to be fair don't think Bath had a shot on target in the second half -

Do hate International break games - so many premiership fans think its there opportunity or right to get pissed and lark around at non-league
somehow we need to have fewer of them and get more locals in (many of whom unfortunately got turned away today)

queues for toilets particularly bad today

Great singing from the Toilets opposite and main stand

Many, many positives from today
they had a couple of shots on target in the second half - to the immense enjoyment of their fans who changed the "what's it like to have a shot on goal" chant to "we've had a shot, we've had a shot, we have had a shot on goal". Gave up trying to get a drink when the game started, queues were immense. we all enjoyed the game there were some cracking shots and chances missed. Glad we went as were in two minds given expected crowd...

Hamlet played really well and I really enjoyed the well deserved win. The number 11 was brilliant.

The toilet situation at the ground is truly grim. Pointless trying to get a drink there. The ground is simply too full for its facilities.

They’ve opened a shop on Lordship Lane. Guessing it’s to promote that? Wasn’t there today though so…
And it’s a disgrace it’s not wearing a poppy.
I never thought we'd end up with this kind of commercial tacky shit on the pitch at half time.

A paint can mascot and an incredibly hardworking club volunteer if I’m not mistaken. Generating sponsorship for the club (part of its lifeblood) and doing community outreach.
'Paint can mascot' for who?
And what 'community outreach' is being performed by what is essentially a mobile advertising hoarding on the pitch?

There are other things occurring in the photo apart from the paint can. But you are so blinded by your obsession with the supposed moral decline of the club that you are unable to see it.

There are other things occurring in the photo apart from the paint can. But you are so blinded by your obsession with the supposed moral decline of the club that you are unable to see it.

I don't know how long you've been coming to Hamlet but I don't think I've ever seen such advertising, so I'm not sure why you're biting my head off just for asking what it was about.

You told me that it's all about 'community outreach' and I'm afraid I don't understand that comment. There was no announcement when the advert came on the pitch, and the only thing I could see that might be explaining what might be going on was on a t-shirt next to the giant pot, but that text was unreadably small.

I don't know how long you've been coming to Hamlet but I don't think I've ever seen such advertising, so I'm not sure why you're biting my head off just for asking what it was about.

You told me that it's all about 'community outreach' and I'm afraid I don't understand that comment. There was no announcement when the advert came on the pitch, and the only thing I could see that might be explaining what might be going on was on a t-shirt next to the giant pot, but that text was unreadably small.
But you can see your photo and you can see the paint pot says “Leyland” on it?

The announcement point is well made though. As far as I’m aware the tannoy doesn’t reach beyond the main stand these days.

For Leyland whom have opened a shop on Lordship Lane.
Would that be the same Leyland who are right at the bottom with the lowest score of all in this Ethical Paint Ethical Rating Table?

1636894018407.png

From Roman (Bath City) Fan Forum

Luton Roman

Well I travelled in hope that we might get a plucky draw or suffer a narrow defeat. Reality was that there was nothing plucky or narrow in the result, quite a grim fare for the many City fans in the sell out 3300 crowd. Always an interesting place Dulwich, has been a good ground for City but not today. All the singing and friendly banter about the merits of Quinoa (not a new City forward, that signing happened later !) could not mask a big disappointment at the performance.

The well dressed Dulwich fans with their own demographic not seen at other grounds, including an impromptu buggy park manned by mums and dads at one corner, will have seldom seen an easier win for their team. Early goal and yellow for Delaney put us on the back foot from which we never got going. Clarke and others kept us in it in the 1st half which only yielded a half hit attempt from Smith that may have been goal bound. 2nd half saw little difference with fans tiring of singing their support when nothing was coming back and the mood changed to inevitable negativity. Dulwich attacked at will and the additional goals were no surprise. We had a couple of shots but certainly no flying around the goal by the keeper. An easy afternoon for him.

Back
Top Bottom