Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bangface Weekender 2017

I'm on doctors orders to not go in water, so no pool party.

I'm going to make up for it by hiring a novelty bicycle and making a nuisance of myself.

Reactions: Rik
I'm on doctors orders to not go in water, so no pool party.

I'm going to make up for it by hiring a novelty bicycle and making a nuisance of myself.

I was going to do pool party, but that's on the Saturday isn't it? If so think it clashes with the Love Love takeover in the Queen Vic. And Daed and Gareth Clarke are on around that time. And I"m really excited o seeing them.

I was going to do pool party, but that's on the Saturday isn't it? If so think it clashes with the Love Love takeover in the Queen Vic. And Daed and Gareth Clarke are on around that time. And I"m really excited o seeing them.
A lot of people talk about DAED but I've never heard him, so I'll come and check him out.

Come and say hello to me on Friday night... I'll be the 6'4" lanky twat dressed as Mother Teresa. You shouldn't miss me!

I missed Hellfish and Producer - I valued my sleep/ rest too highly to take enough whizz to be on form for either of them at 5AM! :(

Maybe I was just projecting my own vibes but thought that the closing ceremony was pretty subdued compared to last year. My mates were just sat at the back but still, I thought the choons/ shout outs/ light show/ inflatables were pretty toned down compared to the epic vibes at the closing ceremony last year... Everything else was blinding, though :D

Set of the weekend for me was Dieselboy. Utter filth, bloody fantastic :D

I saw producer, was pretty epic, but I wanted to chill for a bit, and then I properly blacked out, don't remember leaving the venue, woke up in the wrong chalet after apparently trying to take a piss in their cupboard.

Bit freaked out by that, as its really really unlike me to get that fucked.

Yeah really liked this year. Had an absolute blast. Probably the best one for me. Our crew had such a wicked time. Many laughs had. Been recovering the last few days. Not only did I get a swollen finger (went on the punch ball machine in the arcade for some reason, steaming, I missed the ball and cracked the screen behind it), also done my back in. Just been sleeping and eating.

Thursday was fun. Blackout Crew were fucking great! Wasn't going to bother with them before and I so glad I did. Thought Snap were terrible! haha. Saw some amazing stuff over the weekend. Wisp being my favourite. But also great were Clark, Shobaleader One, Bogdan Kaczynski, Daed, The Panacea, Jerome Hill, Vibert (Sunday Set), The Black Dog.

The crowd were on top form as always. No crowd is better than the Bang Face Hard Crew!

Had to pass this year...had a full on cold hit on Thursday anyhow, so worked out okay.
Did anyone catch any of the Moving Shadow takeover on Sunday? Doesnt sound like it :D
Hope recovery is going well :thumbs:

A large part of my life has been built around the people I have met from Glade\Bangface\Boomtown. We also used to do a lot of the London squat parties till a few years ago. As a group we are scattered from Glasgow to Brighton so when we get a chance to get together it gets pretty full on and hectic.

The other thing that keeps happening to me is people who are complete strangers to me come up to me and start reminiscing about old times. Seriously I had one lad at Boomtown telling me how he used to unload his lives problems to me at the early Electrowerkz Bangfaces, I had no idea who he was. That said I am really bad a faces and err, well occasionally may over indulge in party condiments.

Another thing I really like about the weekenders is you can spend a couple of hours a day on the beaches where you can get away from all other human beings and just sit among the dunes listening to the wind and the sea. I do struggle a bit with people so getting a break from them helps prevent me from going full bore misanthropic by the end.

Could be a touch closer to London though.

A large part of my life has been built around the people I have met from Glade\Bangface\Boomtown. We also used to do a lot of the London squat parties till a few years ago. As a group we are scattered from Glasgow to Brighton so when we get a chance to get together it gets pretty full on and hectic.

The other thing that keeps happening to me is people who are complete strangers to me come up to me and start reminiscing about old times. Seriously I had one lad at Boomtown telling me how he used to unload his lives problems to me at the early Electrowerkz Bangfaces, I had no idea who he was. That said I am really bad a faces and err, well occasionally may over indulge in party condiments.

Another thing I really like about the weekenders is you can spend a couple of hours a day on the beaches where you can get away from all other human beings and just sit among the dunes listening to the wind and the sea. I do struggle a bit with people so getting a break from them helps prevent me from going full bore misanthropic by the end.

Could be a touch closer to London though.

Was good spending some time with you chap!

Yes! Got 4 newbies coming along too. Going on the Thursday again for extra carnage.

Not the strongest of line ups this year for me. But looking forward to seeing stuff I don't know, like the Eastern European takeover. And generally having a fucking laugh as always!

Yes! Got 4 newbies coming along too. Going on the Thursday again for extra carnage.

Not the strongest of line ups this year for me. But looking forward to seeing stuff I don't know, like the Eastern European takeover. And generally having a fucking laugh as always!

I think the lineup is pretty good tbh.

Also, I run a group that is like food discussion, but its mostly bangface ravers, so we're doing a cocktail party and buffet on the thursday, pop along :)

Buffet on the Thursday might be the last thing you eat for days.

I'm out of the country and gutted to be missing it. Have fun hard cru

I think the lineup is pretty good tbh.

Also, I run a group that is like food discussion, but its mostly bangface ravers, so we're doing a cocktail party and buffet on the thursday, pop along :)

Aw thanks. Sounds nice! But thanks, I'm actually doing a curries for 6. I'm pre making it the night before and taking it up in a cool bag . Then hoping to get out for the rave at about 9pm.

On the Friday you'll probably see me being carried around on a gingerbread man's shoulders (my dress up). If you see me, come on over and say hello!

Aw thanks. Sounds nice! But thanks, I'm actually doing a curries for 6. I'm pre making it the night before and taking it up in a cool bag . Then hoping to get out for the rave at about 9pm.

On the Friday you'll probably see me being carried around on a gingerbread man's shoulders (my dress up). If you see me, come on over and say hello!
Will do!

Reactions: Rik
I've had two offers this year and i actually wanted to go, ( last time was 2009!) but didn't have the required holiday :(

Still doing stuff that involves getting mash up that wknd though :thumbs:

Have fun and remember, FUCK HEALTH & SAFETY!

Aaag. Turns and out health and safety is actually quite important. ... my stick is apparently an offensive weapon which is not allowed in the venue :(

Tried to hold up a few people and extract any valuables they may have had, on my way back to the chalet to store the stick, but all I managed was to slightly illuminate their faces.

So did everyone have a really lovely time?!

Can't believe I was thinking about not going next year. Stupid idea. Had such a blast once again! Haven't laughed so much in ages. I was in the TV studio lots this year. Those Chin Stroke lot are amazing.

Highlights for me set wise were...

2 Unlimited (yes really - total banging)
SpongeBob Squarewave
Ansome
Ruby My Dear
Helena Hauff
Both Luke Vibert sets - unreal (what is the tune he ended both sets with? I know it's dead obvious)
Algorave
Speedy J
Jerome Hill
Somatic Responses!!!
RIP Tango set
+ Also all the other countless sets I came across in the Queen Vic, who I couldn't put a name to

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom