Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bangface 23

Sully was incredible
yeah for sure...the Sunday night set my legs had gone so was sat through it but danced through the SullyxReaperxDwardexBryce

Loads of things were really good, but a couple of things that really stood out for me was a fella called Myr part of the Mothers Against Noise crew...every tune had a 'wahtthefuckisthisshit' aspect to it, each tune was different from the last, and none of it was totally ridonkulous. Very interesting set, expertly put together.
best fun I had though was Sunday night, flagging really hard, sweatbox room 4 that night was a takeover of crew who were working backstage, and a guy called Nute rinsed some cant get more upfront jump up, and smashed the place to pieces, everyone was going bananas. I wish there was more jump up there!

Dexorcist-Warlock-Scanone (Yellow Machines) was great daytime set too...a highlight was Scanone playing this one 1992 tune i love no one ever plays...I was struggling to remember its name..then it came to me --- Guillotine!! Top coronation selection

Last edited:
yeah for sure...the Sunday night set my legs had gone so was sat through it but danced through the SullyxReaperxDwardexBryce

Loads of things were really good, but a couple of things that really stood out for me was a fella called Myr part of the Mothers Against Noise crew...every tune had a 'wahtthefuckisthisshit' aspect to it, each tune was different from the last, and none of it was totally ridonkulous. Very interesting set, expertly put together.
best fun I had though was Sunday night, flagging really hard, sweatbox room 4 that night was a takeover of crew who were working backstage, and a guy called Nute rinsed some cant get more upfront jump up, and smashed the place to pieces, everyone was going bananas. I wish there was more jump up there!

Dexorcist-Warlcok-Scanone (Yellow Machines) was great daytime set too...a highlgiht was Scanone playing this one 1992 tune i love no one ever plays...I was struggling to remember its name..then it came to me --- Guillotine!! Top coronation selection

Never new what that was called. Mine was totally blank. Can’t remember if I sold it though.

Never new what that was called. Mine was totally blank. Can’t remember if I sold it though.
Just had a look for my copy...cant find it :grrr: think mine was blank too but with SMF written on it - learned the name from discogs!
also loved the B2 track

---

Anyhow I cant deny bangface weekend is a great and unique thing, have come to really love it....took a while for me to get on board with the overall musical direction, but Im there now....

Interesting how its selling out (and fast) post covid.....I wonder what changed .....full credit to those who put it on, but also to the punters who give it so much energy and character, they really make it what it is....

its a good thing that theres limited space at the Pontins so it can't grow any bigger. Its pretty much perfectly formed and proportioned right now, hopefully can run a good long while yet.

Bangface line up coming together nicely...
View attachment 436136

Think I'm repeating what I said about the last lineup to a degree, but there's a lot of young acts on there isn't there. They've done well not to turn totally into a nostalgia thing with the same old acts every time (although that is there too). Think it must be 20 years since I first went to Bangface, if you'd told me then they'd still be going now I'd probably have laughed (/gurned) at you.

Think I'm repeating what I said about the last lineup to a degree, but there's a lot of young acts on there isn't there. They've done well not to turn totally into a nostalgia thing with the same old acts every time (although that is there too). Think it must be 20 years since I first went to Bangface, if you'd told me then they'd still be going now I'd probably have laughed (/gurned) at you.
Yes there's lots of silly music there tbf:D
usually something good on at any one time though
Definitely not a nostalgia fest .... The bringing in small local un-welknown crews is a great new element, even though many of them are redonkulous.

Back
Top Bottom