Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

AVOID: A public service thread detailing films not worth watching

Upstream Color, by the director who made Primer - not sure it's awful exactly, or definitely one to avoid, just very obtuse and a bit pretentious in a way that primer just about managed to avoid - left me feeling a bit meh

Probably my favourite film so far this year. Found it less obtuse than Primer.

My film to AVOID would be Stoker. It's Hitchcock's Shadow of a Doubt remade in the style of a perfume commercial and the characters have just as much depth. The least thrilling thriller I've seen in quite a while.

I like Source Code, Moulin Rouge and Upstream Color.

There's no way they're not worth watching. Some may not like them but that's no reason to suggest they're not worth watching.

Something not worth watching has to be really terrible. Someone mentioned Adam Sandler for instance...most of his stuff is not worth watching.

Battleship. Some decent CGI but that doesn't make up for the laughable plot, appalling script and wooden acting.

Battleship. Some decent CGI but that doesn't make up for the laughable plot, appalling script and wooden acting.

Not a huge surprise though for a film based on a board game. it was exactly as crap as I expected it to be.

M Night Shyamalan (that's one for Dr Spooner) of course deserves his own thread. Usual to say everything after the 6th sense went downhill, though I thought the Village and Unbreakable were at least watchable. Only one I've seen since was the Happening which was.... astonishing. His latest (can't remember the name, Will Smith is in it) is supposed to be just as bad.
(((Hollywood's quality control)))

M Night Shyamalan (that's one for Dr Spooner) of course deserves his own thread. Usual to say everything after the 6th sense went downhill, though I thought the Village and Unbreakable were at least watchable. Only one I've seen since was the Happening which was.... astonishing. His latest (can't remember the name, Will Smith is in it) is supposed to be just as bad.
(((Hollywood's quality control)))

M Night Shyamalan is like the "free" spot in Bingo on this thread. It's assumed.

Back
Top Bottom