Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

AVOID: A public service thread detailing films not worth watching

Cary Grant would have been better

That's true of most films though.

Imagine ol' Archibald loosing off Arnie's dialogue in Commando:

"You're a funny guy Sully, I like you. That's why I'm going to kill you last."

"Loyalty is very touching. But it is not the most important thing in your life right now. What is important is gravity - I have to remind you Sully, this is my weak arm!"

Or perhaps replacing Adam Sandler in The Waterboy:

"Now that's what I call high quality H2O!"

Pretty much any shocker benefits from Cary.

That's true of most films though.

Imagine ol' Archibald loosing off Arnie's dialogue in Commando:

"You're a funny guy Sully, I like you. That's why I'm going to kill you last."

"Loyalty is very touching. But it is not the most important thing in your life right now. What is important is gravity - I have to remind you Sully, this is my weak arm!"

Or perhaps replacing Adam Sandler in The Waterboy:

"Now that's what I call high quality H2O!"

Pretty much any shocker benefits from Cary.

Brilliant! :D:D

He would have been 57!!!

And still as spry as ever.

coronet.jpg

Well they could have changed the storyline. Simple

it was based on what was at the time a very famous book / novella / vignette.

anyway, i adore Cary Grant, and had he been younger, i would have agreed with you. but in 1961 he could not have played the male lead in 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' - and I'll contend that george peppard was absolutely fine in it.

Ghost rider is rubbish. i have watched it 3 times though mainly because the 1st time it was poor quality download , the second time I decided to give it a chance in a better quality but I thought it was shit and the third time I was checking it was as shit as I thought the first and second time round

i admire your thoroughness, but suggest you trust your instincts in future:)

it was based on what was at the time a very famous book / novella / vignette.

They could have bastardised the book and made out he'd taken a youth drug like in Monkey Business :cool:

Damn you for making life difficult. I'll have to think of someone else who could have played the part just to please you. :mad:

I give you

tumblr_l0vddi9GZe1qbxep8o1_400.jpg

So Breakfast at Tiffanys should have been Paul Newman and Marilyn Monroe (Capote hated Hepburn and wanted Monroe)

newman would have been better - i will give you that, minnie.

it's hard to imagine anyone else playing the role of holly as she gave such an iconic performance.... but actually, it is kind of hard to buy her as the hillbilly type... and it's a more oblique sex appeal she sells. Her lifestyle is perhaps more believable if she were more obviously vavavoom. I hadn't heard the monroe thing before but i can sort of see where Capote was coming from. You just worry with monroe that she'd be bigger than the role. and/or too fucked up on tranquilisers to turn in one of her more thoughtful performances. Plus - wasn't she rather old by then? Turned thirty i think. If you could capture the Monroe of Bus Stop - befpore she got so crazy famous and fucked up.... that girl couldbe played an ace Holly.

newman would have been better - i will give you that, minnie.

it's hard to imagine anyone else playing the role of holly as she gave such an iconic performance.... but actually, it is kind of hard to buy her as the hillbilly type... and it's a more oblique sex appeal she sells. Her lifestyle is perhaps more believable if she were more obviously vavavoom. I hadn't heard the monroe thing before but i can sort of see where Capote was coming from. You just worry with monroe that she'd be bigger than the role. and/or too fucked up on tranquilisers to turn in one of her more thoughtful performances. Plus - wasn't she rather old by then? Turned thirty i think. If you could capture the Monroe of Bus Stop - befpore she got so crazy famous and fucked up.... that girl couldbe played an ace Holly.

The window scene would make me think of Seven Year Itch though

Right, so we've got Paul Newman and....?

I'm struggling to think who could replace her

Moulin Rouge - A steaming pile of horseshit.

A friend of mine lent me the vid years ago telling me (bright-eyed) of the wonders within. I put aside an evening to watch it and managed about halfway through before switching it off. So many songs murdered in terrible ways - even drugs didn't make it any more watchable :(

Moulin Rouge - A steaming pile of horseshit.

A friend of mine lent me the vid years ago telling me (bright-eyed) of the wonders within. I put aside an evening to watch it and managed about halfway through before switching it off. So many songs murdered in terrible ways - even drugs didn't make it any more watchable :(

adore it.

I really enjoyed Limitless and ive watched it twice, I never look for perfection in films just a means of escapism and it ticked plenty of cool boxes and wasn't offensively banal or shit imo.

Source Code, proudly raising the bar to stratospheric heights on movie storyline shitness. Tagline "Make every second count". It's certainly something to consider when deciding whether to continue watching it or not. I really do want my 1 hour and 33 minutes back.

Back
Top Bottom