Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Atlas Shrugged: The Movie

6a00d83451b31c69e201156fb01dfd970b-pi

The one on the left is even wearing wanking gloves.

Now that's what I call a "girlfriend-free-zone".

Probably... these rugged individualists are very fussy about the ladeez....

thustotyrants, Selden, New York
[I am] short, stark, and mansome.

You should contact me if you are a skinny woman. If your words are a meaningful progression of concepts rather than a series of vocalizations induced by your spinal cord for the purpose of complementing my tone of voice. If you’ve seen the meatbot, the walking automaton, the pod-people, the dense, glazy-eyed substrate through which living organisms such as myself must escape to reach air and sunlight. If you’ve realized that if speech is to be regarded as a cognitive function, technically they aren’t speaking, and you don’t have to listen.

http://nymag.com/news/features/artifact/51814/

3406994114_c3335b7f0d.jpg

That's from the G20 demo in 2009. The creepy lipless one on the left is Tim Aker now of UKIP.

One of the things I find fascinating about that picture is that the chap on the extreme left of the picture bears a close resemblance to a man arrested and imprisoned for possession and publication of images of underage males in 1999; a man by the name of Ackers, who taught at my secondary school in the 1970s, about whom rumours abounded and who was the subject of a Sunday Mirror investigation into the private "Christian" youth club he ran from his home. For the resemblance alone, he should be mocked.

I'm also fascinated by the others: Mr "second from the left" who obviously rates himself as a bit of a hardnut, but who, with the addition of a bushy 'tache, could grace the dancefloor whenever "YMCA" gets played; Mr "I'm a pinhead and I don't care" whose politics are obviously over-compensating for the fact that his neck could snap at any moment, and Mr "I can has redz Hayek", who is actually more interested in the economics of pies than the economics of neo-liberalism.

What a fine set of examples of the ubermenschen in whom we should trust our futures. :)

I'm also fascinated by the others: Mr "second from the left" who obviously rates himself as a bit of a hardnut, but who, with the addition of a bushy 'tache, could grace the dancefloor whenever "YMCA" gets played; Mr "I'm a pinhead and I don't care" whose politics are obviously over-compensating for the fact that his neck could snap at any moment, and Mr "I can has redz Hayek", who is actually more interested in the economics of pies than the economics of neo-liberalism.

What a fine set of examples of the ubermenschen in whom we should trust our futures. :)
Steady on, remember that society would crumble if these fellows were to "strike", destroy their "work" and deprive humanity of their genius, dashing good looks and virgin seed by withdrawing to some sort of cuntcult compound.

One of the things I find fascinating about that picture is that the chap on the extreme left of the picture bears a close resemblance to a man arrested and imprisoned for possession and publication of images of underage males in 1999; a man by the name of Ackers, who taught at my secondary school in the 1970s, about whom rumours abounded and who was the subject of a Sunday Mirror investigation into the private "Christian" youth club he ran from his home. For the resemblance alone, he should be mocked.

:D

They would have called a number of emergency medical service providers and then asked for competitive bids in a Dutch Auction format to establish which contractor could supply the services needed at what price, in consideration of prevailing market conditions and consumer preferences in sourcing.

I have to admit, I am curious to know if the two are related, or whether the similarity of name and face is coincidental. :hmm:

A teacher even in 1979 would have to be early 20s at least - so call it 21 in 1979, which means year of birth of 1958. 2011-1958 = 53, at the very least. I don't think your UKIP man looks 53, do you? We should be cautious and not give people any false impressions of others...

I'm sure as a member of UKIP he's a complete bellend, though.

A teacher even in 1979 would have to be early 20s at least - so call it 21 in 1979, which means year of birth of 1958. 2011-1958 = 53, at the very least. I don't think your UKIP man looks 53, do you? We should be cautious and not give people any false impressions of others...
related, not the same person.

...well, in that case, jesus...the individual's much more likely to be a victim than an evildoer.

hahaha

Twelve days after opening “Atlas Shrugged: Part 1,” the producer of the Ayn Rand adaptation said Tuesday that he is reconsidering his plans to make Parts 2 and 3 because of scathing reviews and flagging box office returns for the film.

“Critics, you won,” said John Aglialoro, the businessman who spent 18 years and more than $20 million of his own money to make, distribute and market “Atlas Shrugged: Part 1,” which covers the first third of Rand’s dystopian novel. “I’m having deep second thoughts on why I should do Part 2.”

“Atlas Shrugged” was the top-grossing limited release in its opening weekend, generating $1.7 million on 299 screens and earning a respectable $5,640 per screen. But the the box office dropped off 47% in the film’s second week in release even as “Atlas Shrugged” expanded to 425 screens, and the movie seemed to hold little appeal for audiences beyond the core group of Rand fans to whom it was marketed.
…..
The novel, a sacred text among many conservatives for Rand’s passionate defense of capitalism, takes place at an unspecified future time in which the U.S. is mired in a deep depression and a mysterious phenomenon is causing the nation’s leading industrialists to disappear or “strike.”

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/mov...ucer-critics-you-won-hes-going-on-strike.html

This comment cracked me up.
Hannah Scarlett
Less than a minute ago
Rating: star rating

I loved the movie. I read the book 4 times over the years (the last time it wasn't fiction anymore!), and I was joined by 2 people who loved it and hadn't read the book. My only complaint was that it was over too quickly. I could easily have sat through 4 hours. Usually if I read the book first, the movie is a disappointment--but not this time. I can't wait for the other parts--I'm looking forward to buying the trilogy. The first couple of people who wrote long boring reviews obviously had a hidden agenda and are looking to discourage people from seeing the movie. History repeats. Don't miss it!

Er, how so? :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom