Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Athletics

Good race and bronze for GB :thumbs:

Not sure I agree with the staged introductions thing but also not sure that just makes me some kind of killjoy *purses lips, shakes head and pulls my handbag up to my bosom* :D

Good race and bronze for GB :thumbs:

Not sure I agree with the staged introductions thing but also not sure that just makes me some kind of killjoy *purses lips, shakes head and pulls my handbag up to my bosom* :D
I like a bit of pomp and circumstance (foootballs on plinth, for example :D) but I'm not a huge fan of the entrances either. Not entirely sure why.

It annoys me they can't punch the crap out of them in taekwando - I just feel like the fighter as it took me the same time to have a piss during the round as they have for there break...it's tough from the sofa with spilff and beer!

Still haven't seen any hard evidence that our 400m relay chaps did anything to merit disqualification.
I watched it again this morning and still nothing.

The only thing left is what Michael Johnson said: that the official told Martin Rooney to get in position 2 and Rooney (knowing the rules) said no, I go in position 1. So he may have disobeyed the official because the official was wrong. But there's no picture evidence.

I couldn't see anyone step over any line but (as as been said) it may ave been obscured. On the news this morning, there's still no clarification.

Back
Top Bottom