Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Asparagus wee - with poll

Do you have foul stinky piss after eating asparagus?

• Yes - it's like chemical warfare

• No - but I can smell it when others have a piss

• Neither - I'm a weird genetic mutant

• No - I have no nose so can't smell anything

• Yes - but it smells like sugar puffs or some other weird thing

Results are only viewable after voting.
In strangely serendipitous news, I have just had some asparagus for my tea. Never eaten it before in my whole life, thought it was lovely. As I have never had it before I do not already know the answer to this question.

I shall report back when I have news.

The production of odorous urine after the ingestion of asparagus has been shown to occur in 43% of 800 volunteers investigated. This characteristic is reproducible over a 12-month-period and has been shown to remain with individuals for virtually a lifetime. Family studies suggest that the ability to produce the odorous urine is inherited as an autosomal dominant trait.

Maybe my memory playing up...but I'm only really aware of being afflicted by the problem in the last 10 years or so. Never recall any issue when younger.

In strangely serendipitous news, I have just had some asparagus for my tea. Never eaten it before in my whole life, thought it was lovely. As I have never had it before I do not already know the answer to this question.

I shall report back when I have news.
you should know quickly enough - the change is almost immediate IME

I do have smelly piss after asparagus, as we all do, but I wouldn't call it vile.
Maybe it depends on the degree to which individuals metabolise the components and the resulting stench? My asparagus piss is properly unpleasant, so it's interesting to know that other's are less so.

Maybe it depends on the degree to which individuals metabolise the components and the resulting stench? My asparagus piss is properly unpleasant, so it's interesting to know that other's are less so.
it's quite strong and pungent here, I just don't find it disgusting

Right...now I'm getting confused...(I've had a few beers)...what does beetroot do to yer piss?

Back
Top Bottom