Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Armstrong tests positive?

I can't remember who said it, but one cyclist has been quoted as saying something along the lines of: 'do you seriously expect us to do this without taking drugs?' Are any of the top cyclists clean, do you think?

I can't remember who said it, but one cyclist has been quoted as saying something along the lines of: 'do you seriously expect us to do this without taking drugs?' Are any of the top cyclists clean, do you think?

Yes, they are - probably more now than any time in the last 20 years. The Garmin, HTC and Sky teams are generally considered to be clean (add the French teams Bbox and Cofidis to this). On the flipside of this Astana, Saxo Bank, Radioshack, Rabobank and FuJi-Servetto are supposed to be as bent as fuck with organised doping programs (allegedly!).

It was Jaques Antiquile who made that quote in the 60's; when asked if he did drugs he said 'of course! Do you think this is possible on bread and evian?'..but that was the speed era, blood doping is alltogether more sinister, dangerous and performance enhancing.

bad day for lance all round eh...

Lance-Armstrong-bleeds-fr-001.jpg

i must admit, i would give the claims of landis more credibility, if he hadn't already shown himself to be such a big fat liar.

Quite a clever move on Landis' part. What should be a story that reads 'proven drug cheat admits he is a drug cheat' now becomes 'long suspected drug cheat is possibly a drug cheat'.

They all dope imo

With Armstrong, I'm sure they did something more in that brain surgery. Oops being paranoid again but having cancer and doing what he did, jeez, it's inspiration I'd hate to see destroyed.

Armstrong comes across to me as a ruthless character, who was most certainly doped, like the rest of them at the time, but unlike the others still vehemently denies it.

The USA cycling federation and UCI have sat on this information for 3 weeks. What were they doing? Investigating or wondering how to spin / bury the story.

I'm not sure they did sit on it, I saw reports about this on a German channel either last week or the week before. Maybe its just the UK press being a bit slow on the uptake (strange as it is considering that it's a "scandal" type story)

You mean a week before the 20th of May (When I made that post)?

As far as LA goes, such is the hype that surrounds him we get to know everything about him within the hour.

It's coming up to make or break time for him. Either he will be indicted and tried in the next few months or he never will be.

I am no fan of Armstrong, but as an aside it's worth noting that the Grand Jury system is a bizarre one which for many intents and purposes destroys the right to silence. It gives the state the right to compel testimony from people before any charges have been laid against anyone, and while you can avail of a limited form of the right to silence (ie announce that you won't answer the question because it would incriminate you), if you are offered immunity yourself you can't refuse to give information against someone else. And you are speaking under oath, which turns the law of perjury into a prosecutor's dream.

Rolland get's a top ten at Le Tour. Gadret gets a podium at il Giro. Jerome Coppel wins Vuelta a Murcia.

Good day for the French.

Is anyone interested in an Armstrong-watch thread? Things seem to be building to a head. Lots of his US fans have changed their minds about him. I'm getting excited at the prospect of a meltdown, perhaps with Lance throwing McQuaid and Bruyneel under the bus. The stakes are so high...the IOC has talked about dropping cycling if the UCI doesn't clean up the sport...and McQuaid has come out with such stupid remarks lately that he is looking as guilty as Arsewrong.

This'll ruin the end of Dodgeball

Nah, the best thing about that cameo is Armstrong giving it the big 'hard work and dedication' bollocks when we all know he was doped to the gills.

Oh, and sort of related news: IOC stripping Hamilton of his Gold medal (which he returned to USOC voluntarily some time ago anyway)> This means that the untainted Gold medal winner is...Ekimov. Bobby Jullich silver and Mick Rogers Bronze. Actually, if you look at the top ten in that race it makes for hilarious reading.

Lance lost his case against USADA today. He now has three days to either accept being stripped of all his Tour wins or go to an arbitration at which we would hear Hincapie, his room-mate and bff, tell all under oath. George is allegedly such a gent that he cannot tell a lie. I can't wait!

Plus Tyler Hamilton will dish the dirt in a book to be published on Lance's birthday.

Surely Lance will have to cave soon and make some sort of admission blaming his estranged father or Hein Verbruggen or Tyler's dog.

I wish I knew enough to get all the references in this http://nyvelocity.com/content/toto/2012/toto-turns-260.

Has anyone at ASO confirmed that he will be strippd of his tours? Surely it's them zho get to decide, no? I've just been assuming it was part of the Armstrong spin.

Back
Top Bottom