Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Armstrong tests positive?

Vaughters and the AIGCP must have a plan. And I bet they're pretty tight with Kimmage and can't take another year with Pat. Does ASO kowtow to AIGCP? The Rabobank thing must strengthen AIGCP's case a fair bit...Prudhomme has to have a rethink, surely.

The Rabobank impact is greatly lessened by the Giant announcement that they would jump in their grave 'if they could satisfy the UCI'. Massive, rich Eurobank replaced by even more massive Global bike brand and worlds 2nd largest bike manufactuer.

Saps queueing up to sponsor it, saps subscribing to watch it, saps bankrolling national federations with membership fees, we're all a bunch of fucking saps!

Saps queueing up to sponsor it, saps subscribing to watch it, saps bankrolling national federations with membership fees, we're all a bunch of fucking saps!

Could be worse. We could watch more football; far as i know no cycling team has ever administered growth hormones to children.

Rico was taking EPO as a junior...

I'm also reminded of a female cyclist admitting to EPO use from age 16. Fucked if I can remember her name but think she was Canadian.

edit: will try and use my hungover google-fu.

Edit: Geneviève Jeanson. Admitted using EPO more or mess continuously from age 16.

Marcel Kittel on twitter:

"I feel SICK when I read that Contador, Sanchez & Indurain still support Armstrong. How does someone want to be credible by saying that?! "

And then goes on to say:

"I mean, it makes it all worse. They should play their false game somewhere else. Or do they ride for money instead of joy?! "

https://twitter.com/marcelkittel/status/261435018256216064

Stop holding back, Marcel. Tell us what you really think. Is this the first time that a prominent current pro has directly had a pop at other prominent current pros over these sort of dubious comments?

Marcel Kittel on twitter:

"I feel SICK when I read that Contador, Sanchez & Indurain still support Armstrong. How does someone want to be credible by saying that?! "

And then goes on to say:

"I mean, it makes it all worse. They should play their false game somewhere else. Or do they ride for money instead of joy?! "

https://twitter.com/marcelkittel/status/261435018256216064

Stop holding back, Marcel. Tell us what you really think. Is this the first time that a prominent current pro has directly had a pop at other prominent current pros over these sort of dubious comments?

Fuck. I saw the second part tweeted and didn't quite understand. Chapeau to him. His being German presumably plays a part.

In which other sports can doping have the 'two speed' effect where you just can't compete at the top level if you're in the clean minority? Or is that a stupid question? I suppose pretty much every sport permits a huge endurance advantage from doping, and a fair few offer a muscle development advantage as well. Maybe it's easier to ask which sports allow clean competitors to do well. Shooting? Darts? Curling?

In which other sports can doping have the 'two speed' effect where you just can't compete at the top level if you're in the clean minority? Or is that a stupid question? I suppose pretty much every sport permits a huge endurance advantage from doping, and a fair few offer a muscle development advantage as well. Maybe it's easier to ask which sports allow clean competitors to do well. Shooting? Darts? Curling?

Beta blockers are common in shooting, I believe...

Anyway, twatters saying that Bobby Jullich has left Sky.

Putting that in here, since I imagine it's related to their nonsense pledge.

You'll have a huge advantage in any sport where speed, strength, endurance or recovery matters. And that's before you get into more esoteric things like beta blockers (as The Boy mentioned).

in his admission, when talking about his time at CSC

Bobby Julich said:
This organisation gave me two things that no illegal substance could ever truly provide. It gave me back my self-respect and my self-confidence. That was all that I needed to perform at the highest level. This was my personal experience.

Colour me unconvinced, Bobby.

edit: a move to Saxo on the cards?

I wonder if Kittel will get any blow back from that? There will be a number of peloton bigwigs not best pleased with him, and I doubt if his team will be overjoyed about it either.

I wonder if Kittel will get any blow back from that? There will be a number of peloton bigwigs not best pleased with him, and I doubt if his team will be overjoyed about it either.

Maybe, but Argos are one of the 'clean' teams are they not? I actually can't remember now.

Anyway, the Kimmage Defence Fund is just shy of 80k now. Really seems to have taken off this last day or two...

Maybe, but Argos are one of the 'clean' teams are they not? I actually can't remember now.

Anyway, the Kimmage Defence Fund is just shy of 80k now. Really seems to have taken off this last day or two...

Is that because of the LeMond piece I wonder? Or it could be the media attention it's been receiving over the last few days in Ireland.

Straight from the "you couldn't make this shit up" drawer, let me present to you the 2013 Cycling World Championships official mascot:

Mascotte.jpg
Yes, that's Pinocchio, in a cycling jersey.
http://www.toscana2013.it/?page=12

The accompanying text, when fed through Google translate, gives us the following description of his attitude: "Attention is fixed on the horizon, expressing an optimistic attitude, projected into the future. The expression of the face is smiling, happy, positive, and at the same time almost amazed."

It's a "games/media" room apparently. The really filthy ugly room is this one:
item2.rendition.slideshowHorizontal.hosl03_armstrong.jpg

I can't make out the titles of any of the coffee table books, except for the first word of one in the games room picture. I hope the full name is "tropical diseases".

Back
Top Bottom