Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Apple watch 3

Red Cat

I want a new watch. I'm thinking Apple series 3, which is now affordable, though more than I would usually spend, but it's my birthday. I want something that will help motivate me to get fit (I currently do fuck all) and will allow me to listen to music (while running) and look good. I don't want a phone on me when running.

Thoughts?

Also, headphones, can't really afford Apple headphones. Any recommendations?

112 views and not one reply apart from the auto anti-apple can't be arsed actually reading your post properly one above?

I have made my own mind up and have requested one for my birthday.

If it changes my life, I will report back to the thread :thumbs:

112 views and not one reply apart from the auto anti-apple can't be arsed actually reading your post properly one above?

Get a macbook instead, as these are bigger and easier to display ostentatiously in poncy coffee shops.

Get a macbook instead, as these are bigger and easier to display ostentatiously in poncy coffee shops.

That's a great idea. I'll strap it to my front while running, like a kind of tech sports bra that monitors my breast bounce rate and angle of droop.

That's a great idea. I'll strap it to my front while running, like a kind of tech sports bra that monitors my breast bounce rate and angle of droop.

Make sure you run slowly enough that the plebs can get a good look at your watch.

I have made my own mind up and have requested one for my birthday.

If it changes my life, I will report back to the thread :thumbs:

I’ve got an Apple Watch. It’s pretty good at doing what is meant to do. Mine doesn’t have a SIM so needs to be linked to my iPhone to be fully functional. Are you getting one with or without a SIM?

my little brother got me the latest apple watch and i told him to take it back to the apple store and get a full refund. my iPhone 8+ is enough for me

I’ve got an Apple Watch. It’s pretty good at doing what is meant to do. Mine doesn’t have a SIM so needs to be linked to my iPhone to be fully functional. Are you getting one with or without a SIM?

I think without, I'm getting a basic one. So long as I can store music on it, I don't need to stream it, or use it as a phone.

I've only had an iphone in the last 12 months as I've always been put off by price so I'm not massively familiar with functionality tbh. My phone is also the cheapest, an iPhone 6, and I'm sure I don't use that as best as I could. I'm a bit slow :D

my little brother got me the latest apple watch and i told him to take it back to the apple store and get a full refund. my iPhone 8+ is enough for me

I don't want a fancy phone, I want to be able to get fit, be motivated to do this, and listen to music when I run without carrying a phone.

Pus I need a watch for my work. I can of course use any cheap watch for that, and I probably will, but since wearing one for work I like watches, I'm not really into jewelry, but I like to wear something.

I think without, I'm getting a basic one. So long as I can store music on it, I don't need to stream it, or use it as a phone.

I've only had an iphone in the last 12 months as I've always been put off by price so I'm not massively familiar with functionality tbh. My phone is also the cheapest, an iPhone 6, and I'm sure I don't use that as best as I could. I'm a bit slow :D

It seems you need a 6s :(:

“Apple Watch Series 5 and Apple Watch Series 3 require an iPhone 6s or later with iOS 13 or later.”

I want a new watch. I'm thinking Apple series 3, which is now affordable, though more than I would usually spend, but it's my birthday. I want something that will help motivate me to get fit (I currently do fuck all) and will allow me to listen to music (while running) and look good. I don't want a phone on me when running.

Thoughts?

Also, headphones, can't really afford Apple headphones. Any recommendations?
I don't really have a view on apple products but DC Rainmaker seems to think they are good value now, and his recs are generally good.

I have some taotronics earbuds that wedge nice and securely into your ear. Bought as a cheapo replacement for some fairly expensive ones that died via sweat I think, and these have been going for a year. Would recommend. They're not totally wireless, the earbuds connect to each other.

If you’re going to get the Apple Watch. Try and find a series 4. It’s much better than the 3. It’s the best gadget I’ve bought in years. Love mine.

I don't want a fancy phone, I want to be able to get fit, be motivated to do this, and listen to music when I run without carrying a phone.

Pus I need a watch for my work. I can of course use any cheap watch for that, and I probably will, but since wearing one for work I like watches, I'm not really into jewelry, but I like to wear something.

Don't know how far you run etc, but if fitness is your primary use, then Garmin are well worth looking at. Seen a good few people selling Apple Watches on runners groups to switch over. I bought one just for running, but it's so light and comfy that it's what I wear almost all the time. Admittedly mine doesn't do the music, but their are plenty of them that do.

I've got an apple watch 3 and it slots nicely into my life. I'd like a newer model, but money, and at this point I'd rather have a newer phone than a watch.

Back
Top Bottom