Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Do you use any paid Android or Apple apps?

Memory Map for OS mapping

aCalender years and years. One of payment and by far the best way of seeing my Google calendar on mobile I found.

Strava

Spotify
I've used aCalendar for ages. It's a brilliant app. Plus they give 10% of their income to environmental causes.

I pay for Spotify but that's on my desktop too, and a one month cut-price subscription to Tinder (never again) and Hinge (won't renew that either).

I've used aCalendar for ages. It's a brilliant app. Plus they give 10% of their income to environmental causes.

I pay for Spotify but that's on my desktop too, and a one month cut-price subscription to Tinder (never again) and Hinge (won't renew that either).

I probably found out about it from you. :)

Sounds like Hinge should be called Unhinged.

Procreate, because it's a bloody brilliant drawing app, and it's only 10 quid, and not a subscription. I use it daily, and even if it was free, I'd want to support the people who make it. Also a fair number of music things like Pure Acid (basically Rebirth for iOS, costs a whopping 15 quid, but it's done by a Ukrainian dev, and is pretty decent), or the Minimoog Model D App got when it was being given away by Moog in 2020, which was very generous of them, but the ability to make synth sounds which could be from a dystopian sci fi film of the 70s/early 80s was frankly not helpful during the pandemic.

I have a paid for Minecraft on my phone. I want to find a decent paid for Sudoku because I'm fed up of ads but it seems they want to make money through ads these days.
If you're on Android, have you tried FDroid? It's an open-source alternative to the Play Store. They have a free, no advertising, no permissions Sudoku: Sudoku (Privacy Friendly) | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository

I haven't tried it, but I'm sure if that one is no good, there will be others on there.

I've stumped up 20 quid for Procreate Dreams and it is brilliant. But given how amazing Procreate is for drawing this isn't a surprise. 20 quid for an exceptional 2d animation package, rather than a SaaS monthly fee means that it's significantly cheaper than Adobe products.

I think i did pay for something once but can't remember what is was now :hmm:

mostly the free apps are fine though. There's only about 7 or 8 apps i really use anyway.

Back
Top Bottom