Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Anyone worked as an Emergency Care Support Worker (Ambulance service)?

Driving tests tomorrow. I’m really hoping I pass, the course has been pretty relentless and I’ve been pretty at odds with some of the staff on it. I’m rota’d for a 48 hour week next week and I’ll be glad to do that rather than sit in the back of an ambulance for yet another day

Driving tests tomorrow. I’m really hoping I pass, the course has been pretty relentless and I’ve been pretty at odds with some of the staff on it. I’m rota’d for a 48 hour week next week and I’ll be glad to do that rather than sit in the back of an ambulance for yet another day
Good luck.

On the off chance if anyone in healthcare hears of someone selling a littman classic III stethoscope second hand, let me know. Apparently I’m getting issues with my own obs kit come April, but I can see I’m gonna need this stethoscope before then rather than the fisher price ones on the ambulance.

or if anyone can think of a cheaper alternative stethoscope which is good to tide me over until I get issues with a nice one. Let me know :)

On the off chance if anyone in healthcare hears of someone selling a littman classic III stethoscope second hand, let me know. Apparently I’m getting issues with my own obs kit come April, but I can see I’m gonna need this stethoscope before then rather than the fisher price ones on the ambulance.

or if anyone can think of a cheaper alternative stethoscope which is good to tide me over until I get issues with a nice one. Let me know :)

let me look in my garage I may have a spare:thumbs:

Sorry pal, I've only got my own and that's a bit of a cold dead hands deal :D eBay? Will keep an ear out at base though, you never know (although nurses are pretty mad about their own steths).

You looking forward to Monday? Do you know who you're going to be partnered up with?

A few ambulance crews have asked me for my drop key as its a very useful non essential piece of kit and not supplied. ( it opens doors to blocks of flats via the fire panel).

Sorry pal, I've only got my own and that's a bit of a cold dead hands deal :D eBay? Will keep an ear out at base though, you never know (although nurses are pretty mad about their own steths).

You looking forward to Monday? Do you know who you're going to be partnered up with?

that would be great, thanks.

I do apparently he’s nice so I’ll find out on Monday. Nervous trepidation but also excited to start proper.

Hang on you need to buy your own kit? How is that reasonable?

Ish.......

So there are stethoscopes in ambulances but they are rubbish and my hearings shit.

We are being issued with littman classic 3 stethoscopes as part of our own personal issue obs kit, but that isn’t until April as I’m bottom of the pecking order. Because I struggle hearing with the ambulance ones everyone keeps recommending I buy one to keep me going until April, however I’m reluctant as I’ll be getting one then, they’re £80 and I haven’t actually been paid my expenses from the trust since I’ve started (2 months overdue).

Does anyone know if the MDF acoustica deluxe dual head stethoscopes are ok? They’re only £22 rather than £80

Got a littmans 2 you can have, will tide you over till you get your shiny shiny

Just loafing around in my garage pm me a postal address

And for interest the vest it came from, you are unlikely to get one of those off eBay :D

That’s incredible, thank you! Would you like me to make a donation to a charity You support in return?
What is the vest all about ?!

Back
Top Bottom